Welcome to Librarium Online!
Yes, one of these threads. I'm close to finishing my latest army and until the Blood Angels are released later this spring, I'm looking for a project to get stuck into. I have the following armies:
- Mechanised IG
- Drop Pod/Scout-heavy SM
So I'm just trying to come up with some quirky and interesting ideas for new armies. I'm not a hugely competitive player, but I'm more looking for interesting modelling or conversion opportunities. I'm quite low on ideas, so anyone have any to share?
Hmm well I like to make fluffy armies, my armies are:
-Guard converted to represent Adeptus Mechanicus
- Guard converted to be for a WWI british army
- Some fantasy tomb kings with an intricate back story.
Things i've always wanted to do:
Chaos army incorporating viking gods.
Penal Legion/Traitor guard (i'm working on it now)
Hopefuly you can grab some ideas or inspiration.
I've been thinking about doing some projects..
Currently I am just closing up my Revolutionary Army - Ragtag civilians who picked up weapons and fought for freedom from the tyrannical imperium. Uses Ork rules.
Next I could go a bunch of ways. Mechanized Grey Knights..
Cyborgs of Khorne..(I have a bunch of old Necrons sitting around)
A white, brown-pelted Forest-based Space Wolf/Black Templar Kitbash using Lots of swords and Black Templar rules.
Chaos Cultist army, Using Tyranid rules (Monsterous creatures would be great big renegade mechanicus robots/machines of deathy death. )
Or, Dark Eldar.
I am currently working on a Adeptus Custode army using daemonhunter rules.
Gotta love themed armies. I always focus more on a theme than being competetive, especially since I'm more interested in painting and converting than I am gaming.
Current projects include:
- My long-term Septem Edo ideas, which involves 7 different and heavily themed Tyranid fleets (although one is being made by LO member Inquisitor Blackadder), a custom Marine chapter and a flamer/melta heavy Guard company
- Mechanized/cybork Ork army led by a Big Mek who loves exploding things
- Albino Skaven army, which I need to work more on a theme for
- Vampire Counts army which currently needs a theme...
I'd suggest going for something a little different to your current armies, maybe something like a Kroot army or, if you're willing to go into fantasy, a cavalry-only tomb kings army? Or maybe a centigor heavy beastmen army using Bretonnian rules? Play around with some fluff and see what sounds fun, then go for it.
Here are some I've wanted to do for a while:
- Kroot who have begun feasting on Tyranids and are turning into something much darker
- Dreadnought-spam Orks (2 Meks, 9 Kans, 2 Dreads, rest of the points in Grots)
- Circus Orks, with Grot clowns being fired out of Grotzookas, Ork Nob Unicycle bikers...
- IG Artillery regiment
But what I'm really looking for is something low cost, with a lower model count. I've already got a few infantry-heavy armies so am looking for something a little different, y'know?
Inquisitor plus retinue. Nothing too fancy, maybe a combat patrol style force? You could base it on one of the fictional inquisitors like Eisenhorn or Amberley Vail or Ravenor.
http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!
How about something like an Adeptus Arbites precinct?
You could also convert some land speeders to be like the cop cars from Bladerunner to accompany it.
PLAN CLAN MAN!!
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson