Really GW? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Really GW?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really GW?

Another new Space Marine dreadnought? That's 4, if I remember correctly. And a new Ork Dread to. And Chaos are stuck using the same ridiculous, hideous, expensive all metal piece of crap from 2nd edition? Am i the only chaos player face palming?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member soul of the brood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Foooooooorrrrrggggggeeeeeewwwwoooooorrrld!
    Im positive that they gave the chaos players some love on the dreadnought side of things, besides theyre not that hard to convert from a SM dead, but I cant wait for the new chaos releases and dex!!!!
    Siggy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I have done both... I have a Dreadnought converted from the one from the Assault on Blackreach box, and I have a Deamon Prince converted from the Forgeworld Nurgle dread. Of course, the FW dread costs more then the standard dreadnought, and while I love converting as much as the next guy... it gets old.

That said, I'm not hopeful of our chance of getting an update any time soon. They promised us a "Chaos Legions" codex after out main book was released, as well as new plastic models. That was, of course, in 07. And they have the rest of the year booked solid. To be fair, the Chaos dex is pretty solid, while a few things are somewhat pricey (Mostly compared to things in the newer codexes) I have no complaints about the rules, just that its pretty much Black Legion, with a small nod to the other legions. Oh well. There's always next year, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Converting from Space Marines to Chaos Space marines is easier than converting from Orcs to Orkz.

Have some creativity - why would you want to have the same old static dread everyone else has anyways?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

Not to mention all the FW dreads

But at least the FW ones are all awesome.

~ DiW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said, I already converted my Dread from a Loyal Dreadnought. And I like my models to be unique, sure. But I also like having good models to start with, and not having to cut/shave of every imperial insignia from the model. I'm not saying "Oh, woe is Chaos, we can never use Dreadnoughts because of the model". Actually, I never use dreadnoughts because they just don't deliver on the battlefield. But I love the models. At least, the Loyalist models lol. Granted, I know alot of other armies have it worse (Poor Dark Eldar ) but watching GW produce Dreadnought after Dreadnought for the Loyalists is like salt in the wound!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Isin't there some pissed off GW designer curled up in the fetal position saying "no more space marines, no more space marines!" to Jervis?

I know I sure am...
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by sendaf View Post
    Isin't there some pissed off GW designer curled up in the fetal position saying "no more space marines, no more space marines!" to Jervis?
    Probally while Jervis stands there kicking him shouting "THIS IS BUSINESS!".

OK that is a bit extreme, and it isn't really an attack on Jervis or GW, as I like what they do. But the image is too good to pass up and I am slightly annoyed at wall to wall space marines.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

To be fair the metal cities of death venerable dread is a terrible model in every single way.

Though I do agree that the chaos dread is completely out of date, but I suspect the main reason it hasn't seen an update is chaos vehicles are easy to piggyback off the loyalist plastic kits (I mean really all you need to make a chaos dread is a couple symbols and some spikes).

+ Reply to Thread