Other In my day... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In my day...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my day...

1) when did you get in warhammer?
    2) what got you into it?
    3) what was the first model you painted?

for me the answers are as follows...

1) 8 years ago
    2) an older mate doing it.
    3) moria goblin with sword and sheild.

just interested in what other people put...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Are we talking Fantasy, 40k, or both? I shall assume either, as I started 40k first.

1) Almost 5 years ago.
    2) A friend of mine was explaining it to another friend,, and someone else had a citadel miniatures catalogue with them in school. I skimmed through and fell in love with the Nid army. So I went to my friends house after school to look through codexes, and tyr to find the Tyranids (I didn't know their name at that time), and whilst looking at the Kroot in the old Tau codex (I'm scared how close I was to starting Tau), I aw a picture of them, with the name. Bought my codex the next day, and my battleforce a week later.
    3) I don't actually remember. I know my first assembled was a Carnifex. I THINK the Carnifex was also my first painted, but i'm not certain.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

1) 13 Years ago. (That makes me feel old now)
    2) A school friend showed me a model of a harlequin with a powerfist and powersword (yeah, weird combo) and my interest spread from there.
    3) A box of plastic black orcs that I got my mum to buy for me from a sci-fi fair. I painted them with my granddads humbrol oil paints and they came out horrible. Didn't undercoat them and I had no concept of shading.
    My blog - http://wingsofsanguinius.blogspot.com
    Been here nearly 10 years and still haven't managed 500 posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9 Year ago

Friends at school doing it. Was going to do necrons but started just as they were redoing them, so then looked at nids. By the time I actually decided I had quite a few dex's and went with crons.

I'm not sure on this one. Might have been a marine from the paint set. I remember very early on before having any idea what anything did buying a chaos bike because it looked cool, might have been that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

1 )I got into Warhammer 40k about 14 years ago.
    2) A friend showed me the game.
    3) Emperor's Champion when I start building my own army. Now I got 5 armies and will one day have Tyranids too. I also had Dark Eldar, but I got rid of them. Sense then I have built my Space Marines to a 7000 point force.
    I am an Indestructible master of War.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x4)

1) Started about 3 years ago

2) All my friends from the same cultural backround were doing it. In order to join in their conversations about who would beat who I started to research a little. I then got Battle for Macragge for my birthday and it went from there.

3) Genestealer. I saw it in the Macragge set and I was hooked straight away. Still my favorite model to paint.
    Quote of the Week (Number 3) - "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." - William Gibbs McAdoo (1863-1941)
    Ruina's Hive - My personal Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@riptor - I kind of meant the first GW model so fantasy, 40k, lotr, epic, whatever. It's alllll gooood!

The Fabulous Pyramids and Necropolis of Lost Lybaras
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x1)

Hi PeterReeves, and everyone!

Did you guys see the giant cleavage add on the home page? Yow! 'Enhance your breast size'...

*shakes head to clear the vision* Must talk Warhammer...!

Gosh, I don't even know how long ago I got into Warhammer. My friend John Hughes hooked me on it. Back then it was like D&D, the fluff was more generic, and you could imagine the elves were from Tolkien Those were good days! High Elves have gotten a little bit...odd, haven't they? My friends were playing 1st edition 40K Rogue Trader, so I got them to play Fantasy Battles, and we've all played both since then.

What was my first GW model? I remember my very first wargame model, it was a Heritage/Hinchliffe 'Misty Mountain Goblin', I'd just seen the Rankin Bass Hobbit and fallen in love with it...

But I think my first Games Workshop model was a Slaanesh Chaos Space marine with face of a daemonette and hermaphrodite rewards. Well, they sure don't make them like they used to, ha ha!

Nice questions, thank you! It was fun remembering good times.

Jahi

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

1) Blimey, a good 16-17 years ago. Not as long as Jahi, but not by long
    2) Friends from my class (AT and a few others) when I was a wee Y9 student played, I joined in for a 4 player all vs all game and my borrowed orks all died in the first turn because I didn't realise blast weapons existed! I moved swiftly on to Blood Angels so I could actually have an armour save better than wet cardboard
    3) It was probably a standard space marine, but the first model I remember painted was my Furioso Dreadnaught. He still features in many of my armies to this day.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

1) Blimey, a good 16-17 years ago. Not as long as Jahi, but not by long
    2) Friends from my class (AT and a few others) when I was a wee Y9 student played, I joined in for a 4 player all vs all game and my borrowed orks all died in the first turn because I didn't realise blast weapons existed! I moved swiftly on to Blood Angels so I could actually have an armour save better than wet cardboard
    3) It was probably a standard space marine, but the first model I remember painting was my Furioso Dreadnaught. He still features in many of my armies to this day.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast