WH40K Helicopter to 'count as' Valkerie - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Helicopter to 'count as' Valkerie

While I somewhat loathe the idea of my soviet rebellion guard taking to the skies, it's becoming obvious that my strategies are very limited without a valkerie/vendetta or two. So while I'm being forced to take fliers, I might as well make it something a little more interesting, and perhaps more appropriate for something that is going to be used as a troop-insertion vehicle. So I settled on the idea of a helicopter, maybe something along the lines of the big double-rotor ones with a big back hatch, like this:

However, searches for helicopter models specifically are coming up a little spotty. I was wondering if anyone out there has tried a helicopter valkerie/vendetta conversion, and what models/parts they would reccommend for it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x3)

If I were to smash something together from real world models to substitute as a Valkyrie, I'd consider, well, smashing together something from real world models. As in, I'd use two models.

The first one? P38 Lightning. You have to get that twinboom tail from somewhere, might as well choose it from something pretty famous.

Of course, for a Valkyrie, the blockiness of the Apache would mimic it a lot more closely, but...

For the second model, I'd pick the Hind. Why mimic a GW product when you can build a different version of the Valkyrie? That, and the round surfaces of the Hind would suit the tails of the Lightning a lot more than going from round to chunky, and the Hind gives the feeling that it can actually hold troops in it.

Hm... now I feel like trying this out myself. o3o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    and the Hind gives the feeling that it can actually hold troops in it.
    It does better than just a feeling... The Hind IS a troop carrying chopper - it has a passenger compartment and everything!
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I don't really need a twinboom tail on this thing. A regular old tail rotor will suffice. And while the hind looks nice it's a little too modern-looking and aerodynamic for an army that is just discovering powered flight. I think something a little more Vietnam era is required.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

I've got a CH-47 Chinook (The Helicopter in the pic) model lying around somewhere at my dad's. It's around the same size as a Valkyrie too.
    I could check which corporation made it if you want.

Cheers!
    >:[

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Someone at my store has done something similar to the Hind/Lightening but they used a Hokum (the one with two rotors on top each other and a huge gun next to the cockpit) and the DeHaviland Vampire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by winginson View Post
    Someone at my store has done something similar to the Hind/Lightening but they used a Hokum (the one with two rotors on top each other and a huge gun next to the cockpit) and the DeHaviland Vampire.
    Ooo~ never heard of the Vampire before... To wikipedia!

And take some pics. I'm curious how it looks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roban365 View Post
    I've got a CH-47 Chinook (The Helicopter in the pic) model lying around somewhere at my dad's. It's around the same size as a Valkyrie too.
    I could check which corporation made it if you want.

Cheers!
    That would be much appreciated. A scale would be nice, too. By the looks of what's in the picture, if that chopper is as big as a valk, the parts and windows might run the risk of looking tiny with a bunch of IG standing next to it. But what would be best is a good ol' pic with a model next to it, just to eyeball it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

1/48 Is the right scale isn't it? Though it'd be true to scale it'd be massive and far more expensive i'd have thought. Perhaps a smaller helicopter like a Choctaw or a Huey though they might be too small, but if the scale is ok a hind might be fine.

Try and find a photo of a 1/48 next ot a 1/48 man sized model.
    Last edited by DoctorDogmeat; April 15th, 2010 at 13:37.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Axle_Gear View Post
    That would be much appreciated. A scale would be nice, too. By the looks of what's in the picture, if that chopper is as big as a valk, the parts and windows might run the risk of looking tiny with a bunch of IG standing next to it. But what would be best is a good ol' pic with a model next to it, just to eyeball it.
    Sure can. Although it's not the nice model it used to after my sister dropped it. Meaning it's sadly not painted either.
    But I'll take a pic of it for you as soon as I can.

Cheers!
    >:[

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast