Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Not posted in the Bretonnian section because this is out to everyone.
1. The important one; Ranks are worked out at the end of combat in 8th. This means a good Bretonnian lance should be able to deplete enough models on the charge to make sure it isn't stubborn.
2. Skirmishes, harpies etc will not be as much of a trouble to brets with the new skirmish formation.
3. There should be more big units for Bretonnians to charge rather than whole armies of avoidance units.
4. The Knights still have their awesome armour save whilst many other units, like dwarves have lost hand weapon and shield bonus. Also I presume the magic res of the damsels will stack on top of the knights wardsave when in the unit.
5. Peasants are more useful.
6. Fear isn't going to stop those incredibly important flank charges and cause massive units of 9 knights to run off the bored etc.
7. Bret knights are now the best knights in warhammer as they can get easy ranks which make sure you can take flanks, its far too expensive to do this with anything else except lightcav.
Several good points on Bretonnians. An area that I am not familiar with is their initiative. The act of charging isn't as devastating so if they take on a unit that has higher Initiative (Chaos Warriors?), they may get eaten....
5000 pts of WoC, 5000 pts of Orcs and now 3000 pts of Ogres...What was I thinking ????
Another important point is that Bretonnian lances are only 3 wide so it really minimises some of the damage they take, it really makes 10 wide horde units suck.