WHFB Unberogens Army Building Advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x3)

Unberogens Army Building Advice

Hi guys. After having a flick through the shiny new warhammer rulebook, I can across a peice of artwork showing Sigmar and the Unberogens battling the orcs. Very rarely am I inspired by one pice of art and this is one of those rare occasions.

The main question is which Army Book do I use? If I use the Empire army book, I can use Karl Franz to represent Sigmar, but I also limit the number of units I can take, and have no warmachines (No blackpower and no wizards)

The only other army book I think would work is the Orcs and Goblins book, which would give me a greater variety of units (just Orcs though) and the Annimosity rule would work well for the unifications of the tribes (I'm sure that they're not entirely at peace with each other)

Any advice?

Cheers

Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

If you're going to be playing humans, I'd go with something that has human models.

Here's a though: Warriors of Chaos.
    They have cheap regiments of Marauders that can be armed with all manners of fitting equipment: HW&S, GWs, Flails. Think of "Marks of Chaos" as something else. Tzeentch (grants a wardsave) is some type of Talismanic Tattoo, and Khorne is just some Frenzy inducing battle chant.
    The models even work (shave off the Chaos insignia) because they're big, hairy, barbarians. Just like Sigmar.

You're going to have characters in some pretty beefy armor (Chaos armor is technically Full Plate), but I'm sure that you can find a way to work that into the fiction or to model around it.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

Read the time of Legends books about Sigmar. First off they are good reads and second they talk about all the tribes of men in detail. For example one of Sigmar's friends breeds a new type of Warhorse that can carry heavy armor and barding. I too have thought about how to make a Pre-Empire Empire army and would have to agree that Warriors of Chaos is the way to go and here's why

--In the books, to me at least, the author describes the tribes as fiercer and stronger than the men of the Empire today. If I remember write, it said that Sigmar saved the Dwarf King when he was in his teens! He would then unit the tribes by his mid-twenties.
    --Marauder profiles represent the slightly above average human, LA is perfect as in the time of Sigmar making Iron armor was new (however it would happen quickly)
    --Maruader Horsemen represent the tribes that have yet to get the larger steeds and the outriders in the army.
    --You could even find away to fit in Warriors and Knights, they could be Sigmar's own Guard or Knight of the White Wolf (because Ulric is the chief god at the time and Middeniam is already a powerful city.

hope it helps
    Repainting Orks not sure how many points yet
    Warriors of Chaos shelved until further notice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x3)

It is rather tempting to use thw Warriors book as that it would allow me to acess more tribal units. I've got the new Chaos Warriors book, but I haven't looked at in a while. Is there any weapon in there that would come close to Ghal Maraz?
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is one that ignores armour saves and one that increases Ws, S and A by one, but why not just give him the giant blade from the new rulebook and have a S9 lord? HAMMERTIME!

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

I agree with the suggestions above, Warriors of Chaos, and the Giant Blade from the rulebook for Ghal Maraz

And for figures, if you didn't want to use the chaos marauders, how about: Wargames Factory Store
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x3)

The Warriors book does sound like the best bet, but is it also worth having a look at the Tomb Kings book? That would allow for spearmen, sword/axemen, light and heavy cavalry and chariots. I've never looked at the TK book, so is it viable to use it for a human army?

Cheers
    The Primarch Project

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

Not really for what you're intending...

I suggest you ask at your GW if someone will let you read their copy or if there is an open copy you can read at the shop to confirm for yourself though.
    Fantasy: Wood Elves, Dark Elves, Beastmen and Tomb Kings.
    40k: Tyranids
    LotR: Misty Mountains and Rohan

+ Reply to Thread