WH40K Have you ever fogotten your army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you ever fogotten your army?

Hi LOers,

A thought occurred to me as I go out to play my first game of tau (nearly forgetting my gun drones!)

Have you ever gone to a friends/club/tournament and actually fogotten essential parts of your army? Like if your tanks are in a seperate carry case and you forget it?

Just wondering if I'm special ...

Sometimes thought, if you have a large collection, it can be interesting (read:stressful) to have to quickly re-write your list and then use elements you weren't planning to.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

I sometimes worry I've brought the wrong case (a different army), but its never actually happened, i'm just paranoid.

I once just went to the pub with warhammer friends then two of us decided to go to a disco/club and leave our warhammer armies in the corner with all the coats (stupid idea), I woke up with almost no recollection of the night but luckily I'd somehow remembered my army even though I was so drunk it took me 20 minutes to open my flat door (according to an eye witness).

Apart from that I've only forgot small bits like odd models that I'd been painting and forgotten to put in the case, templates etc.
    Last edited by DoctorDogmeat; August 24th, 2010 at 18:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Nope, never happened to me, but then I've very rarely had to take my armies anywhere for games, since most of the (few) games that I've played were with uni housemates, with gaming boards set up on the living room floor. The one time I can remember taking my High Elf army down to the University games society, nobody else showed up with a fantasy army that day!
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDogmeat View Post
    I woke up with almost no recollection of the night but luckily I'd somehow remembered my army even though I was so drunk it took me 20 minutes to open my flat door (according to an eye witness).
    I wish I could've been that eye witness!

I've actually left my army behind at my local shop before. Our gaming tables have a second level for storage, pretty close to the ground. I showed up and couldn't find a game, so I stashed my stuff and then hung out with other players. A few hours later my then-girlfriend called with some kind of melodramatic crisis, and I left the shop in a hurry... with my models still under the table. I fixed her little problem, then discovered that I had a much larger problem of my own. It was an easy fix though- I called the shop early the next morning and they still had my gear. They stuck it behind the counter until I showed. I do think it was used for a demo though, as someone later asked if I bought my army second hand.

I've also left small things like my Blood Bowl team at my friend's house (in fact, I think my gaming board is down there right now), but that's just because we played games and then I or We fell under various influences and then left without thinking. I usually reclaim everything the next day or even just a few minutes later- we've been friends forever and his place is right down the street. We did switch armies for a week though by accident, haha.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once forgot all my vehicles for my Marine army once... so i ended up playing a 950pt game instead.

Worst bit was, because i had no drop pod with me, using the teleporting Librarian power with a unit of sternguard and landing 410pts of unit (librarian and sternguard) onto some guardsman's spiky hats... and dieing on mishap XD

I will NEVER forget my drop pod again.
    WORSHIP THE VINDICATOR!!! (And a Drop Pod full of Combie-Melta Sternguard never hurts either)

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

I always have the things with me I intend to bring. My 2500 pt dwarf army is at the moment permanently inhabiting my case, untill I have another army that requires all that space ( Skaven! A 1000 pts army of those rats will propably take up as much as 2500 pts dwarfs )

I did once or twice walk out of the store without my case though. I was like routine getting my keys for my bicycle out of my bag and then noticed I didn't have a case to put on the back I accidentaly left it on the pile of cases that were for sale. Thank god noone accidentaly bought my case that minute xD

I always have all the necessary bits of my army though. Dwarfs never forget ( and never forgive )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

I have a friend who forgot his entire Sisters of Battle-army on a bus once...

+ Reply to Thread