Other Finding Local Tournaments - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    St. Paul Minnesota
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

65 (x1)

Finding Local Tournaments

Hey all

I have wanted to go to more tournaments for a while know, I have gotten a lot better both painting and tactics. The thing is I can never find tournaments in my area! I look in the back of White Dwarfs, rarely anything, and at local stores they sometimes have fliers, again not much luck. I see on this forum and local banter at stores of people going to tons of Tournis but I never hear of them.

So how do I find tournaments in my area (aka an hour or less away)? I'm going to college in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area so I can't go to the stores and look. Are there websites for these things?

Repainting Orks not sure how many points yet
    Warriors of Chaos shelved until further notice

2. Remove Advertisements

Hertfordshire, UK
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

337 (x6)

I copied quite a few of them into the LO calendar, but those were the major ones.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    inside your head
    77 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)

1480 (x8)

Well, the people who are going to several tournies, might be traveling to get there. I can remember being very engrossed in tournament play, and a group of my friends and I were willing to drive 4hours to get to one of the better tournaments in our area. There was money to be made off the swag, etc.
    I'm fortunate to live near an RT which hosts tournaments almost once a month, even if only 4 people show up to play. For our larger events, we have people making 2hr+ drives to reach us. For example, I was in Baltimore to pick up my copy of the 8th edition book (2hr drive for me) on Release Day, and I ran into a local there who I'd seen at my shop's last event. It was pretty cool to have him vouch for my abilities and even offer me a game (I had to decline- bribed the GF into making the trip, with promises of malls and a nice dinner).

Keep your eyes open, and ask if any of your local stores have a mailing list or a website to advertise events. Even small GWs tend not to announce their events to people (if they even host any).
    Keep your eyes peeled for 'Ard Boyz as well. I think that Fantasy just started up, as we held Round1 for our region just last week. Rnd2 is taking place on the 25th of this month, at another location in our area.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread