Other Does anyone use a foreign language Codex, and are they allowed at tournaments? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone use a foreign language Codex, and are they allowed at tournaments?

???

Last edited by kadicel; July 6th, 2011 at 07:29.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

God that's immature...

Any opponent with half a brain would refuse to play you. What fun can you get out of lying and making your own rules? You may as well not play

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Tournaments will usually abide by rules in their own-language book. So if there is any difference between the Spanish and English one at an English, the organisers will use the English language version.

It's one thing to prank someone by saying "Here, use my book" and watching them get horribly confused for a moment, but it's childish if you intend to attempt to gain some sort of advantage from it.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Proud banner bearer of LO Codicier_Valkus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good motivation to learn Spanish by reading something you like, but I agree with Rork; its very unsporting to use it as a means to confuse people to wrangle an advantage.
    "Fight for justice, not revenge."
    FoW Gepanzerte Panzergrenadiers who took a wrong turn at Tunisia and magically appeared in Normandy as Panzer Lehr: Wins: 11 Losses: 8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Using it for a quick laugh, then giving them the english one when they ask for it is fine. Not producing the english one would be bad.

As a side note, some of my family live in Germany, and when we visit I often bring warhammer to play over there. As such I have German and English codexes. On return to Blighty I have then gone to the local store and accidently brought the German codex. People were cool with it when I explained.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x2)

Any foreign GW codex is official codex, and in the EU Spanish is an official language, so You don`t have to present the English one at all! And just get a big laugh... Your opponent will be entitled to an accredited translator (£70/hour), don`t forget to mention it!

For the other question, they (GW) don`t print anything in my xeno language, I use English...

And I guess people use foreign codex because that is in their language?
    Last edited by Kaptin Elwazz; October 20th, 2010 at 10:27.

+ Reply to Thread