Other Hobby-related New Year's Resolutions for 2011 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x4)

Hobby-related New Year's Resolutions for 2011

With 2010 coming to a close in just under 2 weeks, the time to reflect on the past 12 months of blood, sweat and tears that we shed for this hobby has come (well, not for me, I never get anything done ). It's also the time to refresh ourselves and set goals for the new year 2011!

Anyone setting themselves a New Year's resolution for themselves that is hobby related? Share them It can be anything from how many games a month to points painted in the year. Remember, it is that you must keep it achievable, and it is a goal for you personally that you feel you can achieve in the year.

A New Year's resolution is a commitment that is made to a project, lifestyle or hobby that is generally percieved as positive.

And to create a small challenge out of it, I'll be tracking all of the users who post their New Year's resolutions here at the end of the year and get them to admit to LO if they fail or pass at their resolutions.

Let's see how it goes

Hobby Resolutions for 2011:
    • Befriend the majority of the gaming community in the town I am moving to in a few weeks
    • Paint a minimum of 3000 points of Tyranids in the year
    • Start an online blog which I will update regularly
    • Play a game a month
    • Spend at least half an hour a day on painting/modelling
    • Do not waste money on models which I just throw to the bottom of the cellar and forget about

Last edited by Hive Fleet Ruina; December 19th, 2010 at 19:45.
    Quote of the Week (Number 3) - "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." - William Gibbs McAdoo (1863-1941)
    Ruina's Hive - My personal Blog

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

The last one is for me and the second one but for marines.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

I will finish painting my Imperial Guard tournament army, and paint my new Dark Eldar models.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

1. Actually have a finished novel by 2011's Black Library submission window.
    2. Finish painting my armies- High Elves and Warriors, touch up the Empire
    3. Get a job with enough disposable income to get my hobbying back on track- I want to start an idea!
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x4)

You're writing a book? Awsome Any thing more you want to tell me about it?

For me it's mostly get things done, I am slow with everything related to this hobby :/
    Quote of the Week (Number 3) - "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." - William Gibbs McAdoo (1863-1941)
    Ruina's Hive - My personal Blog

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x3)

Whoa, the Captain's gonna be (fingers crossed ) part of the Black Library! Good luck on that!

As far as I am concerned, I have only one goal I really want to achieve (and I feel I can): painting at least 1000 points of my High Elves. Me and some friends are going to start a Tale Of Painters sort of things and it'd be sweet if I managed to increase the numbers of my painted Asur.

Cheers,
    LS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My New Year's resolutions:

a) To paint at least 1500pts worth of Blood Angels.
    b) Enter my first tournament at my FLGS.
    c) Paint a model for the Young Bloods Golden Daemon. I've got no hope of winning but I'd love to see what I can achieve if I put all my effort into a single model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Hmm. Let's see:
    • play games more often than just "every once in a while".
    • pick up a few of the FW Raven Guard packs for my RG.
    • get my Fantasy army (WoC) up and running.
    • GET SOME MODELS FREAKING FINISHED FOR A CHANGE!!!
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by LoreSeeker View Post
    Whoa, the Captain's gonna be (fingers crossed ) part of the Black Library! Good luck on that!
    Supposedly, it's pretty tough for Yanks to get into the Library (we're the most inferior of the Mon-Keigh). Thanks for the good wishes. You should start a hobby log on here if you and your friends get rolling on that ToP. We host some annually on LO too, if you wanted to all get together and jump in on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hive Fleet Ruina View Post
    You're writing a book? Awesome Any thing more you want to tell me about it?
    I'm working on writing a book. As much as I love Fantasy, it's actually about 40k. The survivors of an Imperial Guard regiment sent out to do battle in the early phases of the Second Armageddon War, trying to make their way back to Hades hive. If it doesn't get picked up, maybe I'll break it down into bits and run it on LO as a series of episodes for you all.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai View Post
    You should start a hobby log on here if you and your friends get rolling on that ToP. We host some annually on LO too, if you wanted to all get together and jump in on that.
    I've already started my own project log here on LO - link in signature if you're interested. I've also thought about entering Librarium's ToP more than once, but then we would be talking about 200 points per month dunno if I can handle that. Oh well, we'll see. I could just enter then paint Teclis, Tyrion and a couple other Archmages

Apart from that, it'd be great to read some pieces of yours, be it on BL or not.

Cheers,
    LS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast