Other An imaginary Asian-themed Tabletop Wargame - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x1)

An imaginary Asian-themed Tabletop Wargame

We've all thought about it, surely! But I'd imagine few of us would admit it :p

Ever thought about creating your own tabletop wargame? Boardgame? Trading card game?

Well, I just had an idea that will NO DOUBT be forgotten in the swirling internet, and lost forever. But while I STILL have your attention, I'd like to propose to you an Asian-themed tabletop miniature war game.

My game is 'Heroes of the Realm'. The setting is something cool, like Warhammer Fantasy... but based on Asian mythology! <employ story writers here>

The armies are equally cool, they're based on all the film archetypes of Asian martial-artsy asian people:
    - Shaolin Monks!
    - Taoist Swordsmen!
    - Some-sort-of-generic-chinese-army-based-on-Romance-of-the-Three-Kingdoms!
    - The above... MULTIPLY THREE TIMES!
    - Some undead clone of the Terracotta Warriors!
    - Samurai!
    - Mongolian Cavalry Archers!
    - Ninjas!
    - Taekwondo champions!!!

Obviously all the above are the archetypes I'm looking for... they'd have some arbitrarily cool name for each army.

What do they look like? THEY LOOK AWESOME! Wanna paint lots of flesh? Try on the Shaolin monks with all their bare, tattoo-ridden skin. Cloth? Try your hand in painting the multicoloured ninja army! Armour? Don't go past the Samurai-esque guys!

Gameplay? Surely you can imagine that the models are cool enough to paint. If you were actually playing them, then I'd imagine it to be more like W40k or LoTR with the emphasis more on individual warriors than big formations.

EG - each army starts with honor tokens that can be spent during the game for game-changing buffs, but you can also challenge the opponent on a 1-on-1 duel right at the start of the game to increase these points... or be a dishonourable git and shoot arrows at the opponent if he won the duel (at the cost of 'honor' of course). Woot!

If you've read this far, I appreciate your time. You've just witnessed an idea that will never EVER happen.

I'm not even gonna sugar-coat it...

EVER!

written 2011.. the year this idea and many other nerd ideas went to hell.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okko is a skirmish based asian themed wargame
    setting and artwork is inuyasha-esque

pretty cool game
    leave the moderating to the moderators

if pro is the opposite of con, does that mean progress is the opposite of congress?

Tak
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    114 (x2)

Pandaren Brewmaster.

DO IT!

+ Reply to Thread