Other What weird things do you do in the hobby ? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What weird things do you do in the hobby ?

So, much like the title, what weird things do you do ? Mainly really random stuff, that usually get funny looks of others at your club (such as screaming WWWAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH! outside the store and attracting as much attention as possible). My examples:

- Sometimes I get the urge to set up every miniature I own in a battle line. I even take care to think about gun positions, how strong each flank is etc.
    - Other times I go to the store, and if no-one is there, I set up my army and sit and plan, like a madman. I once did this for a whole hour, without noticing the time go by, one of the staff had to come up and tell me how long it had been

G360

The Campaigner... Check out my LO Blog !
    Space Marine and Imperial Guard General :)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

I don't really have any quirk other than always bringing my A game - I think to do otherwise is disrespectful to my opponent. I'll play "experimental matches" if a unit needs testing but even then I want a good game out of it
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

All of my kroot, krootox and knarlocs (kroot mercenary list) are like pokemon - they can only say their name or parts of it, with deeper voices the larger the creature... its amusing to see people's expressions then they charge! ^.^
    'War does not determine who is right, only who is left'
    I am President of the Brunel University wargames society - PM me if interested.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

When i use my sisters most armor saves i take i shout (well a quite shout unless its important ) "Emperor protect us!", it works too the louder i am the better i save, *shush dont take it away from me, its true!!*
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

6. Likemr.darkness liked this post.
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Giorggio360 View Post
    ...that usually get funny looks of others at your club
    A few very poorly constructed cardboard proxies come to mind.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

I have a lot of the oldschool superstitions:

- Never say "anything but a 1", as you will definitely roll 1's. The correct term is "a 2+"
    - Painted models fight better
    - You can "waste" dice rolls. For example, if you roll a whole bunch of 6's in the shooting phase, expect a lot of 1's in the combat phase.

I also have some of my own weird quirks.
    - Roll lots of 6's for an armor save? "You're makin Orky saves!"
    - Units have their own personality. This one is shared by some of my friends as well, who've been gaming with their army for a long time. You start to sense that some units really like to fill specific roles. For example, my friend has a regiment of Suarus who NEVER break from combat, and another that is rarely wiped out. I have a regiment of Chosen who are so bloodthirsty that they almost ALWAYS catch their enemy in a pursuit- even if they roll a 12!

- I sometimes talk to my models, to encourage them to do well. "Come on guys- if you want to kill them, you have to hit them first" is a common phrase around my WOC.
    - I have a couple of HUGE crystal dice that I bought with tickets at one of those "game-and-drink" arcades. I roll them for important stuff, and have found that quoting classic 'Duke Nukem' (B**ls of Steel, in particular) will cause them to roll more successfully. The louder the better, but it's Duke Nukem, so screaming it can get a little offensive...
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

744 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai View Post
    I have a lot of the oldschool superstitions:
    - Painted models fight better
    Nope, painted models in my army always seem to be the ones to die, and the fully painted armies, well they just get messed up
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

+ Reply to Thread