Other The True Response to Games Workshop- Blood Bowl Rebellion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Junior Member Bloodbowlrebellion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -39 (x0)

The True Response to Games Workshop- Blood Bowl Rebellion

Are you sick of GW rising prices for no apparent reason? Yes? If so? Join the Blood Bowl Rebellion. Put down your Fantasy, LOTR and 40k kits and pick up Blood Bowl to show GW by data that their price fixing isn't doing anything. Part of this rebellion is to spread the word to other hobbyists and get them to join the rebellion.We will stop people from the Southern Hemisphere from being treated like back in Colonial Days. We will stop unfair Price Rises. By doing this we are showing a clear message to Games Workshop while still keeping them alive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

*handstapleforehead*
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

Ah, thanks. A good laugh helps me relax, before I'm going to do my exams..

"Let's show GW by buying other stuff from them! That'll teach 'em!"

In my mind boycotting GW will, with their current bussines strategy, only force them to increase prices to compensate for falling sales and eventually put them out of bussines. No change in sales doesn't do a lot either, and I doubt GW would lower prices if sales were to go up. Frankly in my opinion the only way to get GW back on the right track is to open up the lanes of communication to them, They need to get back in touch with the community and this communication has to be balanced and constructive, and take GWs side into consideration as well. They haven't made big profits the past years.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The bearded one View Post
    take GWs side into consideration as well. They haven't made big profits the past years.
    I think this is the biggest issue here. They have lower prices and happier business practices, they lose money. They put the prices up and get aggressive defending their IP (perfectly valid, they do have 25 years of work tied up in their games) and suddenly they make money.

To think they'd voluntarily go back to making no money is insane. Aside from anything else, their shareholders would go nuts and probably have most of the board sacked.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

(Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

Know what would really hurt them? Actually walking outside and kicking a real football around! That'd throw 'em right off!
    If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

7. LikeSister Bluebird liked this post.
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal God
    Know what would really hurt them? Actually walking outside and kicking a real football around! That'd throw 'em right off!
    Indeed, but mainly by having half of their customers drop dead from heart attacks :-p
    My Deathwatch Campaign

9. LikeCannibal God liked this post.
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The bearded one View Post
    They haven't made big profits the past years.
    Their operating profit has gone through the roof in recent years - from £1.8m in 2007 up to £16.1m last year (and still rising in the 2010 half-year report). They are raking it in.

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

That's a pretty minimal profit as far as bussinesses the size of GW go. A large porton of that profit is due to costcutting, like closing down stores that weren't profitable, sacking people left and right, I believe they even froze the wages of their employees for a while? However the growth of that profit does show they have a little bit of leeway to make some pricedrops

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Or, and call me crazy, just play Warhammer with the models you already have.

Even better, do it in a GW store. Give them nothing! But take from them... everything! (and you get bonus points for a beard, cloak and naked torso)

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Rork
    Or, and call me crazy, just play Warhammer with the models you already have
    I have £300s worth of kit under my painting desk and I still find it hard to resist.

You've more chance finding a GW store in a perfectly running communist utopia.
    My Deathwatch Campaign

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast