Other Proof that Games workshop really DO take the P***..... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Proof that Games workshop really DO take the P***.....

Hi guys - these new tools make me laugh...

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...d=prod1380018a

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...d=prod1380022a

How much????? LOL. Emery boards are roughly 25p in boots the chemist! And what's wrong with an old toothbrush? LOL! This new brush may be softer but £4's worth - really?

What's wrong with using the back of a knife to "backscrape" mold lines.....it's not exactly rocket science is it? I can't see this mold line remover being any better exactly...

Will anyone buy these or am I the only one who thinks this is bloody daft?

(The only thing that may be useful is the liquid greenstuff, but why any more useful than using ordinary greenstuff and adding water?)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

Gw has to benefit from people that are inexperienced and naive in other ways then they already do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

169 (x4)

my gf used the liquid green stuff last week in the store, it was on the paint rack for preview before its release.

was very handy at covering seams and whatnot with just one or two quick coats on her wfb chimera (her first time hobbying). a lot simpler and quicker than using actual gs so its more convenient to use on minor maintenance at filling small gaps. just gotta be sure clean the brush thoroughly afterwards otherwise it'll gunk a little in the bristles.

otherwise agreed at the other overpriced supplies, but thats just the trend GW likes to charge consumers for their brand name.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

The thing is, people will buy these for convenience because they're sold from the same place that you buy your models from. Yes they are stupidly overpriced, but it's not like any of their other tools aren't. Polycement, superglue, PVA, water effects, craft knives, files, vices, drills, even Green Stuff in other forms can be bought considerably cheaper from other places; people will pay that extra money for the decreased hassle of not having to visit different shops or websites.

~ Acarna

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

I like the sound of the greenstuff filler is a great idea for horses and beasties plus strengthing around pinned joints quickly. Other than that I'm with everyone else. It's all buying the brand and convinience I know I'm guilty when it comes to green stuff.

A

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Liquid green stuff is not the invention of the wheel.Even i who am an amateur in those things have found tubes with liquid milliput or other types of modeling/filling stuff.
    I dont need to mention the price.

When i saw those things i didnt consider the price.I was scared because in my gut something tells me that this is the answer to the finecast...miscast problem.

To paraphrase one of our fellow loers:It has some miscasts,no problem buy some liquid greenstuff and those brand new tools to clean the flash and is set to go.Nice!!!!

After all as the site tells you:Its all part of the GW hobby...(the what hobby?)

Overall Arcana(see i can write it right some times ) has hit the nail in all of its heads.
    Last edited by pilot00; October 2nd, 2011 at 23:04.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by pilot00 View Post
    Arcana(see i can write it right some times )
    This was not one of those times. ;P

~ Acarna

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

The liquid greenstuff doesn't seem particularly pricey. GWs tools are virtually always very expensive. They can't really make those themselves, they have to outsource that stuff. I try to avoid buying basic tools at GW as it'll usually cost something like €10,50 , but I do buy paint and brushes there instead of any hassle of finding another store or website.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

131 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by The bearded one View Post
    The liquid greenstuff doesn't seem particularly pricey.
    Yet it's still much cheaper for people to buy milliput (other products are available!) and add their own free tap water. That one you only buy one product and maybe not two. Much cheaper in the long run.

GWs tools are virtually always very expensive. They can't really make those themselves, they have to outsource that stuff. I try to avoid buying basic tools at GW as it'll usually cost something like €10,50 ,
    That's true, I agree - but I think with the brush they've really excelled themselves this time.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

131 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by pilot00 View Post
    Its all part of the GW hobby...(the what hobby?)
    Don't you just LOVE the way they lay claim to "the hobby" - I do wish everyone would send them an email (politely!!!) telling them they were once (and some will say still) just another in a long list of constituent parts of it!

Ah the arrogance of it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast