WH40K Klingons in Warhammer 40k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Klingons in Warhammer 40k

Hi there, im not new to 40k, just a bit bored with the armies. I currently own a Grey Knights army comprised of "holy cow, that is cool", so it doesnt really work on the table, aswell as a few bits and pieces here and there. I got rid of everything else a few years back. So Im pondering on what army to collect, as everyone in my gaming group, apart from me, hates Fantasy 8th edition.

I also love Star Trek, and my 2 favorite races on that show are Andorians and Klingons. 2 quite fiery tempered races, the Klingons full of honourable warriors lusting for a glorious death on the field of battle. The Andorians are mistrustful of other races, and their military order is called the Imperial Guard. In case you dont know what either of these look like, a quick google search of either name will show you, I dont really want to post pics on this thread,

My question to anybody wishing to chime in, Is what 40k armies do you think would suite these 2 races? The obvious choice for the Andorians is Imperial Guard, but I would want to model all of them up without helmets because of their antenae. The most trouble Im having is for the Klingons, as I cant really see any army suiting them, but then again, I might be looking too close to see an answer.

So I guess, in short, Im asking for a second pair of eyes on this dilema. Any tips or suggestions would be incredibely helpful, thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by baruthulous87 View Post
    The most trouble Im having is for the Klingons, as I cant really see any army suiting them, but then again, I might be looking too close to see an answer.
    Straken-led foot guard with Vendettas as birds of prey.
    A commissar lord with a cloak leading the biggest squad in higher point games, bunches of power weapons, perhaps lascannon teams for phaser-bazooka-style weaponry.
    Blob guard is actually quite dangerous done right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Klingons are definitely represented by Space Wolves....they want nothing more then a glorious death in battle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would actually say Klingons would be like, intelligent orks, it would be so funny to see orks with the klingon bone ridge on their heads, lol

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Sorry for not being much a StarTrek fan (could never get behind anything but a dystopian future, StarTrek is just too... pleasant and frivolous at times), but I think I can help all the same.
    Reading through the Star Trek Wiki, it seems that the Andorians - despite having an Imperial Guard - are more akin to Eldar than humans. They are described as slender, agile, and with fast metabolisms. Their sister-race is the Aenar, which is pretty closely linked to older words for Fey creatures, even the writers seemed to want them to be "Space Elves" - despite the fact that I think they look more like The Great Gazoo from The Flintstones (an equally loathed character).
    Their bladed and spiked weaponry, and their honor-bound ritual duels to settle disputes make them seem a little more like Dark Eldar, although it's Star Trek, so not nearly as awesomely brutal or savage as the Dark Eldar are.
    Tau would also work well here, being very similar. Very light and slender, blue hued skin, obviously alien appearance (cloven feet) and a pretty nice selection of weapons. I'm going more with Eldar because, well, seriously, they're Space-Elves.

For Klingons, their weaponry is more like the human gear. This means that yes, you could use Space Wolves, but I don't remember Power Armor ever featuring in StarTrek (who needs armor when most people are just shooting stun-guns?). Their society - the spread outwards, led by a warrior caste, blah blah, also seems a lot more like the Tau. Their warmongering could mark them as Orks, but Orks are a tad backwards for their standards. I'd say go with the IG for these guys.

Personally, I've always believed in keeping most other fictional settings out of 40k. For example, I don't mix in StarWars or BS:G with my armies. If I pull from anything, I pull from the real events that 40k is based on. For example, the Imperium is equal to the Roman Empire, Nazi Germany, and Catholicism. Space Marine chapters all have their own mythology - the Black Templars are crusader knights, the White Scars are mongols, Space Wolves are nordic/icelandic raiders, UltraMarines are romans. It goes on. There's so much to explore and pull from within 40k that I think it cheapens the feel if you try to pull other stuff in and make it 'count as'.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone, youve been a huge help. I'm still going to think about this before making a decision. Also, CaptainSarathai, I dig where your coming from about not mixing in other stuff, but honestly, look at the Sentinels from IG, totally an ATST from Star Wars, and Tyranids are totally based on Alien, anyways, Im not trying to start a debate, just pointing that out. Anyways, like I said, still going to think about it, though Im probably leaning more toward the Andorians at the moment

+ Reply to Thread