WH40K EA copies 40K - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EA copies 40K

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

EA copies 40K

This is a link I saw today and wow... not even any chance of saying "accident!" here.

Has EA Been Caught Stealing Designs From A Tabletop Game? | Kotaku AustraliaThey are pretty much direct copies. This a first? A big non-gaming company copying the hobby. Hm...

Kuffy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

I was reading this on Rockpapershotgun the other day...craziness, its not like they have even copied it a little bit- I mean the Baneblade you could argue (although it looks extremely similar) but the Bonecrusher is an almost direct copy of the 1990s Epic model- even down to the grills on the windows.

Whats more 'The Forgotten' logo is extremely reminiscent of the Nurgle insignia. How did EA think they were going to get away with it?

Its not as if GW are shy to litigate against IP theft either.

Someones going to get sacked for this methinks!
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

+ Reply to Thread