WM New Tutorial Example - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

3 (x1)

New Tutorial Example

Hello Librarium I am working on a series of tutorials to teach the basic rules of Warmachine and other games.

This one is on movement in Warmachine.

I would like everyone's input on how I can tweak and improve these so that they will be better for teaching new players they will eventually go on my website GeekPlug.com. This is just a sample and I hope to have a much better camera for the future one as well as doing some optional voice over versions. Please tell me what you think.

2. Remove Advertisements

Adelaide, Australia
    14 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

470 (x8)

Kind of handy, that video, nice and simple.

The only thing that I could think of that would possibly improve that video would be to perhaps have, in addition to the information sidebar, a small pop-up near the unit you were moving indicating the distances and measurements you're taking. Certainly it would make the difficult terrain bit a little clearer.

I'll see if I can explain what I mean (and I think I'll just make up units here so as not to cause confusion because I can't actually remember unit stats...)

Standard move:
    Cygnar Unicorn Cavalry
    Speed 8
    Moves 8 inches

Cryx Super-scary Jack
    Speed 7
    Runs 14 inches, activation ends

Difficult terrain:
    Menoth Priest-guy
    Speed 6
    Moves 1 inch at normal speed
    Moves 2 inches through terrain
    (counts as 4 due to half speed) <-- although maybe you can explain it better then that?
    Moves 1 inch past terrain

I hope it wouldn't make the video too cluttered putting info like that on there, but I think it could be quite handy to further explain things, if you have the time to add it.
    Last edited by Deadstar_MRC; April 24th, 2012 at 01:37. Reason: Formatting
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

+ Reply to Thread