Librarium Online Forums banner

The Epitome Of Nerdinghood

2K views 48 replies 29 participants last post by  Jack Blood 
#1 ·
i recently had an argument with a kid (oh i regret this) who is a starwars fanatic. he tried to convince me that, assuming all races united with their neighbors, starwars would defeat 40k in the end. i strongly disagreed.

i came to think that it depended on the environment the war was fought in. in the starwars environment, starwars would win, being capable of light speed travel. in the 40k galaxy, 40k would win, having warp travel capabilities. if both methods of transportation worked for everyone who was capable of using them, i say that 40k would still win because they are alot more brutal (orks, anyone?) and sinister (starwars has nothing as sinister as the Inquisition). Jedi, starwars stormtroopers and ewoks could not stand a chance against the Imperial Guard, the Adeptus Astartes, the Ordo Malleus, the Ordo Hereticus, the Ordo Xenos, the Eldar, the Orks, Chaos, the Tau, the Kroot, the Necrons, and the Tyranids all united. not a chance.

what are your thoughts? if you feel the taint of nerdinghood upon you just by reading this, then you don't have to reply. just sit there, in denial. play with your little dolls. we will have you soon enough <devilish laugh>

#2 ·
The Empire and the Imperium would be a good match. The Imperium would smash the new republic into pieces, pathetic whelps they are. The orks would cane most starwars races but lack oprganisation. With the Necrons and Chaos, 8 gods and all their demonic and metalic minios, you can shove your Jedi where the sun don't shine.

#4 ·
the republic has nothing on the imperium ! light sabres are good and all but id love to see luke skywalker take a twin linked lascannon shot to the face ! i dont think the force will be able to save his disintegrated face .

#6 ·
I think it would be a very close battle, 40k probably has the numbers advantage, but a jedi would easily be a match for a space marine, lightsabres would easily cut through power armour. But then if the jedi comes against the massive firepower of thew imperial guard, then surely the force wont be enough to protect him against those lasguns?

i think that if the war was fought in space star wars would win (all types of travel available to everyone that is) because most star wars battles are in space, the might of the empires fleet (death star included) with the innovation of the rebels, star wars could easily slice the 40k fleet to pieces (except maybe necrons and eldar).

But if fought on land, the 40k armies would slice the star wars armies to pieces, storm troopers are nearly as bad as the imperial guard, and the jedi are far less in number than the space marines, and the sith are only two people, but then those two people did manage to overthrow a republic so ya never really know do you?

I think the only way to do it is to have half the population of the world dress up as space marines, the other half dress up as jedi, and see which can bludgeon the other to death faster with toy lightsabres, or toy boltguns.

Also, we're not nerds..... we're special......

#7 ·
Neither the Empire nor the republic has an inkling of how battle hardened or vicious the forces of the Imperium are. I can just imagine the horror on Princess Leia's (I dont know how to spell it) face as she watched her bodyguard devoured by Flesh Tearers after they had been pulped by Bolters. Jedi powers would be useless against the fanatical forces of the Inquisition who would be convinced they were all witches.

Who needs a Death Star when you have Exterminatus?

#12 ·
the space marines would own the empire. hell, one chapter could probably take them. all the force in the world isn't gonna mean anything when you are getting your head smashed by a power fist.

i can just see it

yoda "fear leads to anger, anger leads to-"

calgar "DIE XENOS!!!" (sound of bolter fire)

han, leah, and luke would be executed for conspiring with xenos.

the only character in the whole series we have to worry about is R2D2

i don't care what anyone says, he is the hero of the whole freeken series. maybe he is the machine god.......

#13 ·
The tyranids alone would decimate everything the starwars universe has to offer. It might take a few hundred years, but the hive mind would be unstoppable.

R2D2 is indeed the reincarnation of the machine god.

#14 ·
I'm glad you agree. personally, i believe that any 40k race (except perhaps Tau, they just don't seem brutal enough) could wipe out starwars on its own.

but i want to hear what starwars fans say. i want to hear they're arguments of how the jedi or the republic or whatever would defeat 40k. this of course has to be someone who knows a lot about both realms (i'll have no "because starwars is COOLER" which is simply not true). so if you know someone like this, or if you are someone like this, share your thoughts.

if you still think 40k would win, please say so. i love to hear your visions of space marines stomping on the head of jar jar. gives me pleasure... <devilish laugh>

#15 ·
Wow! You have just combined the two dorkiest things the world has ever seen into one! Wheeeewww! Congratulations........i guess.

40K definitely.

#17 ·
40k will win hands down. In 40k there is nothing but war. There is no attempt for peace. In Star Wars there is too much peace and messing around for them to win.

But what if all the humans from Star Wars and 40k were to unite against all the aliens from Star Wars and 40k? That would be interesting. Wookies and Orks fighting alongside against the Jedi and the Xenos Hunters. I bet Jabba the Hut and the Hive Mind would get along quite well.

#18 ·
What would a Star Wars army look like in 40k?
Consider the weapons:
Blasters - Lasguns (no way are they bolters, they bounce off walls for gods sake)
Larger blaster thingies (usually on fighters, and against the ATAT in ROTJ) - Lascannon
Light Sabers - Power Weapons

Jedi:
can deflect blaster fire with light saber - going to do a lit of goot against those incoming bolter shells/missiles/lascannon/battle cannon
athletic, fast, skillful with blade - stats similar to an archon
Force Powers - something like smite or fortune

Imperial/Republic army:
Sadly, only Human.
Poorly lacking in heavy weaponry.
Very poor in a punch-up.

Contrast that to any of the armies in 40k; they wouldn't stand a chance.

#19 ·
I can definately see Darth Vader leading a successful Dark Eldar Kabal. That's just about the coolest thing imaginable.

#20 ·
I imagine the battle of Hoth with ATATs stomping around blowing up rebels........
then along comes a Warlord titan and blows the crap out of every single ATAT with its volcano cannon.

the emperors of both empires Vs. eachother (before being placed on the golden throne)

Blackstone fortresses Vs. the Death Star who would win?
probly the death star with that massive planet killer laser, but a few cyclonic planet killer torpeos from an Imperial Capital ship (40k) would make a nice scene of lots of stuff blowing up :D

This topic has endless posibilities, I love it.

Dreadnought Vs. ATST
eldar entering in a podrace

#21 ·
40k tends to fight its war's on a much grander scale. Look at all the major battles in Star Wars. You only ever see 2 or 3 star destroyers going up against an outnumbered rebel force. The rebels normally bring along one Corrilian battleship, a few corvettes, and a nebulon B or two, and a host of fighters. Now look at battle fleet gothic, their are battles between dozens of battleships, with most of them either being as big as a star destroyer or bigger. And it seems Gothic ships are equipped better for combat with various torpedoes, and BFG's blasting out the front of their ships.
The only battle in the Star Wars universe that rivals a 40k battle is the geonosis battle between the droids, and clone troopers. That could translate into a decent sized epic battle. We could say the clone army translates into a full chapter of marines, and they were able to defeat the droids. The imperium has whipped out entire chapters on more than one occasion, so they wouldn’t be a threat.
As far as Jedi go they can be easily delt with by the inquisition. Daemon hunters and Witch hunters would make short work of the few Jedi available.
Yes Star Wars is cool, but 40k does everything on a much much much grander scale.
-GM

#22 ·
Heh, I'd like to see a Star Destroyer duel a Planet Killer (mind, is a Planet Killer bigger than a SUPER Star Destroyer???)

Oh yeah, the Force. Seriously, how can the Force hope to prevail against a mass of Psykers, Chaos powers, Necron technology, the Emperor's divine will, etc, etc, etc???

Seems like everything Star Wars has, 40k outmatches it.

Titans would scourge planet's empty. Greater Daemons will tear apart Darth Vader easily. Necrons will rend things apart with gauss technology.

Seriously, 40k kills Star Wars.

Bro, have a logical debate with this guy. Give examples, and don't give up!!!

#23 ·
compare the stuff like this:

dreadnought vs atst. dreadnought would kill it bad.
atat vs titan. COMPLETE OwNaGe
jedi's vs grey knights. dont know one on one but there are more grey knights than jedi i think.
storm trooper vs imperial guard. even, but more ig.

i think alot depends on what era it was in. if it was set just before episode 4 40k would pillage them all.

if it was set around the time of episode two, im noty sure. there were a lot of rebels and the clone amy is pretty big. it's bigger than we see it.

#24 ·
You're forgetting the rest of them dudes. Necrons??? Greater Daemons??? Space Marines??? Tau??? Eldar??? Dark Eldar???

Oh yeah, and Tyranids and Orks. . . . the Jedis don't stand a chance. . . . . . .

#25 ·
40k'd rape star wars.

it's stupidly obvious.

one legion of chaos would be overkill, half of one of abaddons crusades would be overkill.

i'd love to see a jedi try and deflect a krak missle......or a melta shot, or a plasma bolt.

hehe, or the gift of chaos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.