Warhammer And Occultism? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been very interested in the occult for many years, in fact, I can say that my occult involvement began when I was about ten-ish, which coincidentally is about the same time I became involved with Warhammer40K. Over the years I have always noticed similarities between the two worlds, at first I thought it was co-incidence due to Warhammer being influenced in the early days by D&D, but over time I have come to realise that Warhammer and Chaos magic have very close roots.
    In magic (and I am talking about real magic here, non of that hocus pocus, Buffy the vampire sh*t magic that the media loves so much) there are things called Servitors, (or Egregores/ tupras/budwills, they all mean the same thing) which are entities that a magician can create from condensing thought into a certain space, this Servitor can be 'programmed' to undertake simple tasks, like your personal little helper. Im sure this is ringing a bell with everyone here... Also, in Chaos Magic (Real Chaos Magic, if you are interested in knowing more buy Liber Null and Psychonaut by Perter J Carroll, you can find it on Amazon, failing that check out www.chaosmatrix.com) the object of focus, or 'worship' you could call it, is the 8 rayed star, most of the time there is an eye at its centre....again, sound familiar? Also, the fact that the fluff is filled to the brim with all manner of psychic powers and occult themes to numerous to go into here sways my argument.
    I have posted on Occult websites and forums and found very little, but recentley I have become a member of a group known as ChaozeXperiment. The leader of this group, known as Frater Nicht (You can find his introducturarry manual into LHP (Left Hand Path) Chaos Magic on www.choasmagic.com just scroll down and look for 'Liber Nitch', its in PDF format and very interesting.) has enlightened me on the topic.
    The following is my question and responce from the ChaozeXperiment website:

(Me)
    Blaa blaa blaa,
    I have found many different in/evocations and spells related to the
    four main powers of chaos (in WH40K) which are Tzeench, Slaanesh,
    Nurgal and Khorne, on many different occult chaos magic web sites.
    This gets me interested on whether or not the founders of the game
    (the same two guys that created Tomb Raider) are or were occultists.
    I would be interested to know if anyone on this site knows about
    anything I'm talking about and even more interested if they can
    answer my question. Maybe they were trying to make a satirical
    attack on Chaos Magic, as WH40k began in its heyday. Who knows, it
    all might be one huge cosmic co-incidences.......

(answer)
    Both the game and Peter Carroll share Michael Moorcock
    as an inspiration. Moorcock was the first to
    associate the idea of chaos with the symbol of the
    eight arrows, in the Elric books. It should be
    pointed out that the protagonist of these novels
    served the forces of Chaos, not Law.
    ---
    I can't say for sure because I've never played WarHammer, but alot of the TSR people and video game creators were influenced by Moorcock as well as the Chaos Magic movement itself.

Fra Nicht

I thought that this may be of some interest to all you fluff boffins, I have search for the mentioned books and will be buying them soon (Hopefully). I think it would be interesting to see how influential these books really are and what WH/40k have taken from the author to create their universe. If anyone on the forum has read any of Moorcocks works then what are your thoughts on the subject?

<a href='http://Rhanadhandra.proboards28.com' target='_blank'>http://Rhanadhandra.proboards28.com</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asume being an occultist you worship satan. If you believe in Satan you must believe in God. So why on earth are you litteraly asking to go to Hell mwhen you could be saved. Personally I&#39;m an agnostic by the way.

I don&#39;t think the guys from GW are all secret Satanists but I expect they were influenced by books about the occult, being the original evil magic.
    Signature?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

The moto is IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE FUTURE

warhammer is a game made to attract adults and adoloescents.
    they find a good player base in DND players and so on...
    It as to be seriously organised for people to get into it, if it sounded all different from main stream chaos it would be much more harder ...
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revenant, in my post did you ever once read &#39;Satan&#39;.....answer NO. Quit posting your irrelevant trash and engage your brain (if you have one that is) before posting your worthless opinions. If you had even the vaguest idea of what I mean by occult then you would realise that what you have just posted is b*llocks.
    Please refrain from posting unless you have something of WORTH to say, save your preaching for church. This is a gaming forum, not a place to flame others beliefs&#33;
    And Wolf_Pack, could you please elaborate on your post as it didn’t make sense in regards to my post.

Revenant, if you would like to learn about REAL Satanism, the go to www.churchofsatan.com read all the information, take an hour or three to contemplate and understand the philosophy and then post when you are enlightened.
    <a href='http://Rhanadhandra.proboards28.com' target='_blank'>http://Rhanadhandra.proboards28.com</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Real Magic.....Ummmm....OK
    <a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Tyranids/aan' target='_blank'>Orange & Black Nids</a>

<a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Imperial-Guards/afh' target='_blank'>Cadain 8th</a>
    <a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Imperial-Guards/afi' target='_blank'>8th Officer</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EHH, real majic isn&#39;t majic in the usual sense, it&#39;s not like sekhmet is waving a wand, shouting hocus pokus, all ritual majic is just an exercise at opening up parts of the brain not normally used by people, namely the parts of the brain prone to psychic activity. with practice it&#39;s entirly possible to read intent from vibes you feel being near others, to eventually learning how to interfear with the energy of others, hehe, that kind of stuff really has nothing to do with religion, unless of course a religious person see&#39;s it, then it&#39;s blasphimous or heretical, or in the case of an agnostic mebbe it&#39;s bad, mebbe it&#39;s ok, theres no way to be sure.......

but me, only majic (for lack of a better word) is just used to read people, make sure there not sheisty.
    Take my words with a grain of salt, i am not the tactical genius i think i am!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Revenant@Nov 11 2004, 082
    I asume being an occultist you worship satan. If you believe in Satan you must believe in God. So why on earth are you litteraly asking to go to Hell mwhen you could be saved. Personally I&#39;m an agnostic by the way.

I don&#39;t think the guys from GW are all secret Satanists but I expect they were influenced by books about the occult, being the original evil magic.
    [snapback]248461[/snapback]
    Its obvious that you do not understand what the word occult means. The dictionary definition is as follows:
    1. Of, relating to, or dealing with supernatural influences, agencies, or phenomena.
    2. Beyond the realm of human comprehension; inscrutable.
    3. Available only to the initiate; secret: occult lore. See Synonyms at mysterious.
    4. Hidden from view; concealed.

So as you can see it really doesnt necessarily have anything to do with God or Satan. Just the supernatural and unexplained. You were probably getting the word mixed up with "cult". There are many cults in the world, and most of them do not worship satan. Most people just assume they do because they do not go along with "officially" established religion.
    Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man. - Thomas Paine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In magic (and I am talking about real magic here
    i got to there and stopped reading <_<
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>PO-TA-TOES</span>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>i know, in todays world, the weak are protected, so evolution is now non-existant for humans. To keep the race moving forwards, there should be tests to see if you are good enough to have kids- k-tana</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Sekhmet@Nov 11 2004, 10:48
    Revenant, if you would like to learn about REAL Satanism, the go to www.churchofsatan.com read all the information, take an hour or three to contemplate and understand the philosophy and then post when you are enlightened.
    [snapback]248500[/snapback]
    Actually all Anton LeVey did was plagarize large parts of Ayn Rand&#39;s "Atlas Shrugged." What a hack.

Magic... uhhh hmmmm. I have to admit I did stifle my giggles on this line
    and I am talking about real magic here, non of that hocus pocus, Buffy the vampire sh*t magic that the media loves so much
    Damn that Media for popularizing fake magic. But I understand why people like this New Age-y magic stuff. People need spirituality (well not everyone I suppose) and people in this day and age like new flashy exciting things like designer religion err I mean magic.
    In magic (and I am talking about real magic here

i got to there and stopped reading
    Oh my, this is side achingly funny.
    “Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war!? - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i suppose this magic shizzle is just the same as people believing in religion or whatever.

it&#39;s all a load of bull for the weak who need re assurance
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>PO-TA-TOES</span>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>i know, in todays world, the weak are protected, so evolution is now non-existant for humans. To keep the race moving forwards, there should be tests to see if you are good enough to have kids- k-tana</div>

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast