Gw So Over Priced - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    box
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why are they so over priced i mean i know their made in england and also if a dreadnought only cost 10 dollars then u would be buy like five of them but it still doesnt make any sense. for example an 80 page book costing 55 bucks but pardon my french thats a f#$@%ng rip off.

any one else wann express their thought be my guest

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There expanding so they need more dosh, if they had kep the prices the same as what they was when I first started playing (when people thought the earth was flat) they wouldn't of had the money to open all those new shope in USA and various other countries, once they've fully expanded I can pretty much see prices dropping.
    When I was a child I had a fever
    My hands felt just like two balloons.
    Now I've got that feeling once again
    I can't explain you would not understand
    This is not how I am.

I have become comfortably numb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes the models are expensive. But they do look cool.
    GW I'm sure makes a healthy mark up, but people pay, so can you blame them?

I find that the real barrier for me in getting an army on the table is painting/assembling time. A box of figures might cost me 2-3 hours wages to buy, but it takes me up to two weeks to properly paint them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes we all agree , and this topic has been WAY over posted . they can charge lots because gamesworkshop are the only people that sell gamesworkshop products and they know we are going to pay because we love it and we are not going to quit because of the overpricing . we just have to learn to deal with it .
    AE-86 Twin cam corolla . a beaut !

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/imperator-judicium' target='_blank'>Please visit my website . Imperator -=][=- Judicium .</a>

<a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Mojo.jojo' target='_blank'>LOL &#33; this is one of the funiest videos ive ever seen &#33;</a>

join the librarium-online dawn of war clan <a href='http://www.freewebs.com/librarium/' target='_blank'>HERE</a>

<a href='http://data.forumhoster.com/forum_slayer/index.php?showforum=1' target='_blank'>Check when the next clan game is on here</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That exactlly how i feel. 40 bucks for some cheap piece of shi t plastic (Dread) thats about 2-3 inches tall that probably cost them &#036;13 to make. now &#036;20-&#036;25 dollars for a dread is somewhat reasonable. but 40. FUK THAT SHI T&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Nice Guys Finish Last
    hilarious game

The Uncivil Servent Mikhail The Heretic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

A plastic dread in britain costs i think £20 which should then cost about &#036;35 dollars in us and that&#39;s including the shipping charge plus the profit margin.

Horus betrayed the Emperor because the Emperor crushed his favorite puppy with his Land Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Grephaun
    It's all about real ultimate power redoing the forum skin in pink and plaid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its how companies make there money , youd be suprised in what other things cost to make and what you have to pay for it . for example " Nike shox " those ridiculusly over priced runners , made in sweat shops and mass production lines , proboble cost of production , less than &#036;50 but what you pay could be up to &#036;160 .
    now thats over pricing &#33; but you have to realize what your actually paying for , production costs , developement costs , wages for workers , advertisement costs and obviosly they&#39;re going to want some profit for providing you with such products . same goes for GW your not just paying for a little peice of injection moulded plastic sprues or casted metal peices , your paying for all the above aswell . so once again , just get over it , and realise that if we did not pay these prices , GW would already be out of buisness .

P.S. if i was a mod it would say thread locked down here .
    AE-86 Twin cam corolla . a beaut &#33;

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/imperator-judicium' target='_blank'>Please visit my website . Imperator -=][=- Judicium .</a>

<a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Mojo.jojo' target='_blank'>LOL &#33; this is one of the funiest videos ive ever seen &#33;</a>

join the librarium-online dawn of war clan <a href='http://www.freewebs.com/librarium/' target='_blank'>HERE</a>

<a href='http://data.forumhoster.com/forum_slayer/index.php?showforum=1' target='_blank'>Check when the next clan game is on here</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreadnaughts in Hong Kong (where previously a box of trrops cost 185HKD (23USD)) were 285KD, the equivilent of roughly 36-38 USD. Thats including shipping to Australia and then to Hong Kong.

I agree, GW Products ARE overpriced, but i think that they will drop the prices after they have finished expanding.

What i dont get, in that sense, is why they pulled out of asia. A few months ago, the Mong Kok store had a company record breaking sale, and they still closed it. bummer.

now we have to pay almost 12USD(100 HK) more for products. Example. a box of tactical marines, used to cost 185HK at the GW store, there noe 260HKD.

Stop bitching, and get on with it. there not THAT expensive if you break it down into everything GW has to pay for, to produce ONE model, as follows.

1. Pay design/grapchis(then theres the electricity of the room there in etc)
    2. Pay sculptors(see above)
    3. Buy plastic/metal
    4. Operating costs for smelting the metal(electrcity etc)
    5. Operating costs for the mold factory(electrcity etc)
    6. Pay staff to operate the factory etc.
    7. Pay staff at packing/distribution and operate the premises
    8. Pay for the packaging and its production
    9. Pay for the warehouse to store the models and transport there
    10. pay for distribution to mail order centres/ eratil stores
    11. Pay the staff at the retail store.

I know for a fact too, because i was good freinds wiht the manager of GWHK, that GW mark-up is only about 12% of actual costs.

Lynx
    A wise man once said: Blow me @$$wipe :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea... But I think this is how it should work. Don&#39;t get my wrong It&#39;s fine how it is, but I think could be a change.

When I started a box of marines was &#036;25, I think it should either go back to that, or go to &#036;20 a box.

Or.. All modes should have the same cost.

16 Orks for &#036;30
    10 Marines for &#036;30

WHAT?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;

Now, don&#39;t bring the orks down to 10, bring the marine sup to 16.
    Battle record.
    W/D/L
    Ultramarines:6/0/1
    Orks: 4/0/1
    World eaters:1/0/2
    O &amp; G: 5/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn&#39;t hold my breath about GW dropping ANY prices after they finish expanding. Gas prices never dropped back to anything close to their original levels after any industry declared "shortages" and they won&#39;t for the same reason that GW won&#39;t lower their prices....WE KEEP PAYING THE MONEY FOR THEIR PRODUCTS.
    Until sales take a huge dive and market research indicates that their rediculous prices are the reason, they will only continue to run their prices where they are, and increase them as they feel like it.

As far as 16 orks vs 10 marines, they do not sell them based on the plastic content, if they were going to they would have gotten rid of all the extra sprue material a long time ago. It would appear they sell them based on a rough squad content size, not material content or points value.

Compare the plastic models to any other multipart plastic model. Model cars have been around for ages compared to GW multi-part plastics, yet their prices have only increased with inflation. The only thing driving their prices up are the boys at the wheels and the hobbyists constantly looking to expand their armies.

Two syllable cure E-BAY. You can continue your hobby, and often at a very reduced price, and GW might eventually take notice of a dent in their sales and make an attempt to make amends.
    Games Workshop is the Wal-Mart of hobby products, except for the low prices. The lack of respect and profit mongering is there in spades.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast