What Armiea Or Units Are Defined As "cheese" - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night i was in a battle. It was me(Ulthwe) , sisters of battle and blood angles against necrons, dark angels(i know about the no alien rule but we didnt care for thsi one game, and 13th co. so like on turn 2 the sisters of battle exorsist launcher fired a single krak shot at the monolith, glanced on a 6 and killed it, by rolling another 6. this opened up the nightbringer which was in back of it. so snickered a littel as i moved my seer coucil up and shot 3 mind wars into the nightbringer. i caused a total of 6 wounds and he took 3. he then said that the seer coucil is cheese. is it? ppl go around shooting this is cheese or that is cheese but really its just part of the army. does this constitute cheese. because it certainly could be alot worse ...::evil grin::...

Seer Council 326
    Farseer A
    Spirit Stones
    Mind War
    Guide

Farseer B
    spririt stones
    mindwar
    fortune

Farseer C
    Mind War

Warlocks(x3)
    Augment.

<insert witty remark here>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people cry cheese when they get beaten by something a bit hardcore. I bet if he was using the Seer Council they would be perfectly uncheesy ( did that make ANY sense )

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea it did. but can that work in the same way when ppl cry cheese about necrons. he thought it was cheesy cuz like nothign bad happened to my farseers, because i could pick out any model, and the fact that it was 36" range.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One way to make things less cheezy is to say "only half the upgrade points for characters".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Actually shooting down the &#39;lith shouldn&#39;t have opened up the nightbringer to attack. The vehicle was destroyed but not vaporized. Unless you roll a 6 on the ordinance table, then the vehicle just becomes another piece of terrain treated just like a hill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ulthwe eldar are certainly harder for some armies to deal with (that awful rune armour), but the necron player sounds like he was simply whinging about his poor planning in this case.

Assuming he knew that u were going to play ulthwe, necrons have the only unit in the game that can REALLY clean them up in a couple of turns- pariahs (u cant re-roll a save u dont have), and basically, he took a risk and got unlucky with the monolith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya, he got real unlucky, but If i had my seer council, I would have done the exact same thing....

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Point is, this is a "cheese" thread that&#39;s not about Necrons. That&#39;s historic. Someone should declare this a holiday. Anyway, I don&#39;t think there is such thing as "cheese." People just don&#39;t like having to think, they just like blindly advancing toward the enemy and shooting. Anything that doesn&#39;t fall to this strategy is termed "cheesy," "broken," "n00b," and, in the case of Sockmonkey, "Beardy." Nothing is cheese, you just have to think to defeat Seer Councils or Necrons. Granted, this is an activity which many WH40k players are uncomfortable with, but you have to start sometime. If someone was holding my nuts to a razor and said I HAD to nominate something as cheese or suffer an "unfortunate accident," I would say Genestealers, the best Monolith killers in the game. 6 Genestealers= 18 attacks= statistically 3 sixes= statistically a 1, a 3 or 4 and a 6 on the second roll= one penetrating and one glancing hit=one dead or damaged Monolith. That&#39;s with 96 points of Genestealers against one 235 point Monolith. So don&#39;t complain to me, ok? At my local Games Workshop store, we tested this out with three genestealers, twice, and both times the Monolith ended up dead.
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak&#33; Tak&#33; Tak ah wan, Tak a lah&#33;
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Ino
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, cheesy is a term used by players that defeats the way their army is played. I had an ork player call my hellhound (old codex) cheesy. It&#39;s nearly designed to kill orks. It killed maybe 2 or 3 stormboyz and caused them to run. He then prompty regrouped and killed it. The fact that it has tinfoil thick armor with explosive gasoline underneath didn&#39;t matter to him. The fact that they balance it other ways didn&#39;t mean anything. It was cheesy because... it just was.

It annoys me when space marine players complain at my use of an ordnance weapon or two in my guard amy. They think it&#39;s lame that I am able to kill so many of their precious men with a few shots. They don&#39;t like the strengths of my army, but I don&#39;t hear them complaining about how cheesy their army is when they&#39;re raping guardsmen with their marines in hand to hand.
    The Good News is here&#33;

Check it out:
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&passage=Ezekiel+18%3A28-32&version=NIV' target='_blank'>Ezekiel 18:28-32</a>
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=NIV&passage=Ezekiel+33%3A11' target='_blank'>Ezekiel 33:11</a>
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=NIV&passage=Mark+1%3A15' target='_blank'>Mark 1:15</a>
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=NIV&passage=Romans+10%3A9-10' target='_blank'>Romans 10:9-10</a>

PM me for more info&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most people say something is cheesy when they dont like something, or something that threatens their army. Deciever is right mostly, but Im just not as harsh, necrons are an army that can be thought of as cheesy, but they are also an army that you have to think to beat, I personally don&#39;t like monoliths, but thats me, because I think they are underpriced for their uberness (and it raped me once) ===> point in case.....

oh, and I don&#39;t play genestealers either...

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast