Scale - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Scale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What'z the scale for 40k Miniatures??

I've done a search and couldn't find any topics, sorry if there are any...

But seriously....what is the scale, i've heard 1:72, 1:48 and 1:24, i'm swaying towards the 1:72, does anyone know for sure??

- Remember kiddies, flashlights kill...

A friend on Howling Banshees vs Striking Scorpions
    "Most people seem to prefer Scorpions, but most people suck, so go Banshees"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good resource can be found here: http://theminiaturespage.com/ref/scales.html

When they talk about GW in the article, they were refering to the old warhammer models (many of which were very close to 25 mm, much like the LOTR stuff now). You will find GW minis now a days to be closer to 28 mm, especially 40K minis.

Now, you can find a lot of neat stuff out there close to scale and will look right in the way of terrrain and vehicles. Typically, I have found many 1/35 th scale to work pretty well in the way of terrain (such as sandbags, brick walls, barrels and such). And 1/48, while not the exact scale equivalent, also works well in the manner of vehicles. 1/35 vehicles are a crap shoot. Some 'look' well, but kits can appear a bit large in scale. 1/48 scale vehicles fits a bit better with 40K minis.

Ack, I forgot to add... Don't use 1/72. They are very close to 20 mm and will look tiny compared to your minis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks alot man!
    - Remember kiddies, flashlights kill...

A friend on Howling Banshees vs Striking Scorpions
    "Most people seem to prefer Scorpions, but most people suck, so go Banshees"

Closed Thread