That Army Builder Thingger - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnt know where else to put it, but is the armies of the imperium a good cd to buy? I found an amazing army builder on teh net, but im uncomfortable buying of the net. I remembered that Gw sold something like that but I didnt know if t was any good.

Has is got a simple , clear layout?
    does it display the stats of the character/unit?
    does it include summaries to wargear?
    does it print friendly?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Voice of Reason RJSuperfreaky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x3)

ArmyBuilder is farbetter than what GW puts together. I went to my gaming store to buy the GW product, and my friend who worked there told me not to waste my money. He recomended ArmyBuilder, by Lone Wolf software. Get it online here
    Army Builder

The best part about ArmyBuilder is that once you buy the software, the same program can be upgraded, FOR FREE, with virtually ANY game system (GW or not) from their website. Furthermore, they update the site daily, so when new codexes come out, the changes are made usually within a few weeks! For example, ArmyBuilder already has a file online for a ton of WH40K armies under the 4th ed rules, including the new SM codex. I have used 2.2 and now 3.0 for the past year, and have NEVER regretted my purchase.

I could spend hours talking about all of the great features, but I'd sound like some bad infomercial. Just visit the site, and let them convince you.

And no, I don't work for them.
    Marion: You're not the man I knew ten years ago.
    Indiana: It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.

For the last time, there are
    NO FEMALE SPACE MARINES!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya i have the free trail of that and I thought it was amazing. Is it worth the money though, thats what I was asking. I might save up and get it. Is it safe to buy it over the net? well thanks for the help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most hobby stores carry or can get Army Builder for you so you dont need to buy it off the net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

army builder is a waste of time in general, plus people like to use it as a second rule book. I can't count how many people use "well on army builder........" as a reasonable defence for thier 5 heavy support options. Be a real man and use paper and pencil. That way you save ink, time, can change your list easilly AND use your brain alittle bit more (Y)
    What is dis signature nonsence?! dem stupid human zoggers are always trien to confuze us.

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

I myself prefer using pen and paper to make my armylists, but armybuilder is still a conveinent tool.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

The Voice of Reason RJSuperfreaky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x3)

Originally posted by Gathrog@Jan 28 2005, 01:10
    army builder is a waste of time in general, plus people like to use it as a second rule book. I can&#39;t count how many people use "well on army builder........" as a reasonable defence for thier 5 heavy support options. Be a real man and use paper and pencil. That way you save ink, time, can change your list easilly AND use your brain alittle bit more (Y)
    [snapback]314376[/snapback]
    Let me guess- you also eschew a calculator in favor of an abacus. :lol:

Actually, you can change your list more easily on army builder, and it&#39;s better for the environment, since you make no waste paper

You are right, however, in that Army Builder is just a tool. You still need to practice common sense when using it. As they say, " A fool with a tool is still a fool"
    Marion: You're not the man I knew ten years ago.
    Indiana: It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.

For the last time, there are
    NO FEMALE SPACE MARINES!!!!!

Pip
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by RJSuperfreaky@Jan 28 2005, 235
    Let me guess- you also eschew a calculator in favor of an abacus. :lol:

Actually, you can change your list more easily on army builder, and it&#39;s better for the environment, since you make no waste paper

You are right, however, in that Army Builder is just a tool. You still need to practice common sense when using it. As they say, " A fool with a tool is still a fool"
    [snapback]314558[/snapback]
    Yeah I agree with you that Army Builder is such a better environment to build your army list. You can easily add/remove wargear off your units and the points are calculated accurately and fast.

You don&#39;t know how much time I spent on pen and paper, referencing with the codex, flipping back and forth through the book till it got dog ears. Then usually the paper that I use usually ends up as if a chicken went and clawed through it. 0_o kinda sad really. (probably its due to me not memorizing the stuff in my codex)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

Be a real man and use paper and pencil. That way you save ink, time, can change your list easilly AND use your brain alittle bit more
    Save ink maybe,
    Save time? Are you mad? Army builder makes building a force soooooo much faster, and the list it prints is very nice. Having the stats printed along side the point’s makes checking stats during the game much faster then thumbing threw the codex.
    You think you can’t change your list on army builder?&#33; I don’t know how many times I&#39;ve swapped guns on a character or unit mid list. If I was doing it free hand I&#39;d either have a massive smudge mark where I erased the same weapon over and over, or have a list of "X"ed out items that I had to sacrifice for a few extra points. Army builder is just a few simple clicks and your force is changed, with no mess.
    As far as using your brain, I find using army builder allows me to concentrate more on battlefield/deployment tactics.
    -GM

Army Builder
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by RJSuperfreaky@Jan 27 2005, 19:33
    ArmyBuilder is far better than what GW puts together. I went to my gaming store to buy the GW product, and my friend who worked there told me not to waste my money. He recomended ArmyBuilder, by Lone Wolf software. Get it online here
    Army Builder
    The best part about ArmyBuilder is that once you buy the software, the same program can be upgraded, FOR FREE, with virtually ANY game system (GW or not) from their website. Furthermore, they update the site daily, so when new codexes come out, the changes are made usually within a few weeks&#33; For example, ArmyBuilder already has a file online for a ton of WH40K armies under the 4th ed rules, including the new SM codex. I have used 2.2 and now 3.0 for the past year, and have NEVER regretted my purchase.

I could spend hours talking about all of the great features, but I&#39;d sound like some bad infomercial. Just visit the site, and let them convince you.

And no, I don&#39;t work for them.
    [snapback]314168[/snapback]
    i can give u the demo of it if u like

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast