Help! Horrible Dice Rolls! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man....is there a secret to good dice rolls cozz i just have to most horrible luck EVER! I mean, i almost ALWAYS throw a 1 on the most important rolls and its seriously *****ing me off....my friends are even starting to laugh at me cozz its getting rediculous.

The other day THREEE of my terminators were killed by freekin bolters - my GOD i had to throw 2+ to save...but on 3 different occasions i threw 1's. And this isnt just once off incidents - it happens in every game i play. If its not my obliterator's lascannon unable to wound a unit with T5 OVER and OVER then its my troops just missing important shots all in the same turn!

Am i doing something wrong? Should i just throw the dice in a container and shake it instead of using my hand???

Id like ur input on this...cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just pray to the chaos gods, except tzeentch, he'll screw you over every time.

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Got a streak of bad luck? Here's what to do if you believe in this stuff:
    A traditional romanny way of getting rid of it is to go for a walk and pick up seven twigs from the ground, one to represent each day of the week. Traditionally the twigs should be ash for monday, beech for tuesday, elm for wednesday, oak for thursday, horse chestnut for friday yew for saturday and eldar for sunday (but never brake eldar when still attached try to find some on the ground first). Take them home, snap them into pieces and burn them in a hearth or bonfire and say:
    Ill luck is broken
    As these words are spoken

Some things work for some ppl, for other sometimes they have to try somthing different, for me it dossen't work manly because i can't tell one twig from another. But anyway here is something I do do when I'm getting really bad luck, both in warhammer and in other things:

This dosen't influence the dice in anyway since that would be cheating, but it helps to balance things out a bit...uhhh nevermind to long to go on and explain...

...anyway here's what i do (yes I understand this may not be the sort of thing you wanted but I'm putting it here for those who do generally believe in this stuff..and yes I understand that a whole lot of ppl think its a load of crap but there's no harm for those who are interested, wether the effects are actually spiritual or psychological it works for me anyway)

You will need:
    Chamomile tea
    A crystal
    2 new dice
    green velvet cloth (or yellow)
    a piece of gold thread (or string)
    Do this at seven O'clock on a Sunday. Make a pot of chamomile tea and wait till it cools down and then put it in the fridge for half and hour. Pick up the crystal and clear your mind of thoughts and repeat these words until satissfied:
    By the power of Fortuna,
    By the power of fate,
    May my hand be in guidance.
    Put all the other items on a flat surface and then throw the dice until you get 2 sixes. Now get the tea back and put the crystal and the two dice into the tea, dip your fingers into it as well. Then wash them, dry them and wrap them with the velvet (not the cup of course just the dice and crystal) and tie the ends with the cord. Take this with you when you need the luck. This can last up to seven days to a month if your very lucky and you use it wisely.....I think thats about it, oh yeah you must truely believe in your ability to do this for it to actually work....happy gaming...Good luck !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could also just buy a new set of dice...green ones like mine...WAAAGH!
    "Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH!"
    Warlord Hakbash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i get shitty dice rolls as well...try chaging your technique, like..for instance..when i do a leadership or such test, i just gently let the dice fall of my hands..nearly always works.

but yeah, i get shitty rolls 2..everyone does, try and be positive when you roll the dice though, it might help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get new dice, could be the ones you are using.

I'm currently trying to work out a way to play 40K without dice or any other chance factor. Could be tricky...
    "I am, after all," said Pooh, "a bear of very little brain." -- A.A. Milne

<a href='http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&amp;id=7017&amp;t=1' target='_blank'>Get Firefox&#33;</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..use a bowling ball

Hey Mel you have something for rolling sixes to wound every time?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok a kid i playe fthe other day said the same thing so i was like watch this...

(after the game) i said u gott ahve a care free sttitude. so i went" oh man im gonna fail these saves i know it, i rolled three ones. then i was like eh w.e and i rolled 3 6&#39;s

i did it again and again and again, and almost always it came out the same or close to it. just think positive. its just a game

i saw this guy get up, take his dice and throw them on the highway, buy new dice and won the game :lol:

dood u think u ahve bad dice rolls??? my frined terminators cut beat by ratling snieprs in hth. ratlings caused 4 wounds, terms rolled 4 1&#39;s, fell back, and ran off the board&#33;&#33;
    <insert witty remark here>

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do it simple... do it like me...
    Curse the dice... you only get good rolls and the opponent get bad rolls&#33;

It works for me... that&#39;s why noone wants to use my dice... insisting on using their own...
    But i curse them too.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you think you have it bad my terminators faced off with grots in cc and lost rolled all ones when they happend to roll all 6&#39;s to wound
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orange'>&quot;ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US&quot;</span></span>
    (raise fist in defiance)

<a href='http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/flash/allyourbase.swf' target='_blank'>http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/fl...allyourbase.swf</a> this is so *****ing awesome&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Thnx Chaosbrynn

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast