You Think The 'nids Could Actually... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So apparently the 'nids are completely unstoppable, and its only a matter of time before the universe is theirs. But do you think they could actually take it? I mean, the 40K universe has supernatural beings like the chaos gods, the avatars, the c'tan. Not to mention an endless supply of demons from the warp. So do you think the nids would actually be able to take the 40K universe?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the 40k universe is basically a orgy of battle and death, every time the races are trying to crush each other for power to rule so basically tyranids are one of them and so have EQUAL chances along with all armies to take controll of the universe..
    and by the way, can a carnflex beat a bloodthirster?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I have read that the 'nids will evntually overrun the galaxy, there is an Eldar prophecy that tells of the Rhana Dhandra, which is discribed as the final battle, between chaos and the mortal universe.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

I remeber to have read somewhere that the tyranids already have consumed 12% of all planets of the entire universe!
    I'm not sure if that is official fluff though.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah but get them to try taking terra or cadia or mars or something like that. they cant do it. this was shown at the batte of macragee (spelling) they didnt take that.

try fighting every loyal marine chapter and imperial regiment this is what would likely be defending terra and the eldar would help.

then there will be a good fight that the tyranids probably wont survive.
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The question isn't how well they did at Macragge (sp?) but how well they could recover from it. How long does it take to create a Space Marine? Have the Ultramarines recouped their losses from that battle by the time Hive Fleet Kracken invaded their territory? I'd bet that they Tyrannids have, and more besides. All the other races can change tactics to fight the Tyranids, but how many can create new technology to fight it? The human and eldar haven't changed in ages (all the "new" tech is really re-discovered old tech). The Tau probably could, but could they do it fast enough?

The Tyranids have the advantage that 90%+ (probably closer to 99%) of their population can fight. Given equal numbers with the other races, the Tyranids can bring more of their population to war. If they have superior population numbers...

But, to answer the question "Will the Tyranids every rule/destroy the Universe?", the answer is...not if GW has anything to say about it. They wouldn't be able to sell any models!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i agree that gw wouldnt get tyranids to destroy the universe because they couldnt sell 40k anymore.

but what i was saying is its not just

tyranids vs marines

its

tyranids vs marines, guard, eldar, tau

now come on 4 on 1. i dont think even nids could fight 4 on 1 but it would be cool to see it happen.
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Well, by that logic the Imperium stands no chance either: It's Marines, Guard and Sororitas vs Eldar, Orks, Dark Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Chaos and Tau: 3 vs 7.

They all fight each other, not everyone against tyranids. It's also very questionable if they would ever ally against tyranids (Sororitas fighting together with chaos against someone else? Never&#33.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no obviousily sob wouldnt ally with choas.

also i was thinking that eldar are sought of allies to the imperium and it has been put in official fluff of eldar helping the imperium. i also think that tau might help the imperium because tyranids are one of there worst enemies. so the tyranids forces would be hard pressed to cover the whole universe.

and thanks you have reminded me that it isnt

tyranids vs marines, guard, eldar, tau

its

tyranids vs marines, guard, eldar, tau, sob, deamonhunters, assasins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tyranids vs marines, guard, eldar, tau, sob, deamonhunters, assasins
    ...vs Chaos Space Marines vs Rebel IG vs Eldar Craftworlds who want to do their own thing vs Dark Eldar vs Necron vs RaceX vs blah blah blah....

Not to mention I disagree with you on Tau allying with Humans. They are both so stuck on being the superior being that it would never happen until it was too late. Eldar MAY help, but even then it would be on a case by case basis and they may fight over other stuff.

Its a tough tough Universe.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast