I'm In Some Trouble - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my girlfriend, Mandy, wants to learn how to play warhammer, and i dont know if its a good plan. Does anyone have advice for me?

Pain is life, while I feel pain I still live, and while I still live I will seek vengance.
    We are few but strong in will
    The last with pagan blood
    We fought the world with burning steel
    Now we sit in Hall of Gods

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Rulebook + You and half your army + Her and half your army + Drink + Pizza = Fun night in teaching your lass wargaming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

What's to worry?

Just be happy your GF is interested in sharing a hobby with you.

Make her pull her share of the load though (painting/ buying units)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

Aye. I would love for my partner to be into the hobby.

Its not a rare thing though. But always good I think. Just teach her like anyone else.
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you know how many gamers get flak for playing Warhammer?

I agree with the others who have responded: count your blessings.

It's great that your girl is interested in learning. Maybe she'll even start an army of her own, and you guys could turn a date night once in a while into a gaming night. One of the foundations of strong relationships is for both people to have similar interests...why not let Warhammer be one of them?

Knape97's got the best idea; introduce her to it all by playing a fun game with your own army. Or not even a game, just show examples of the rules in effect. Who knows, you might unleash a monster and she might even become a better gamer than you. But what's bad about that? I introduced my girlfriend to poker, and she's better than me at it. She almost never loses. Now if only my guys from work would let her play in our monthly game, we'd never have to pay for our dates anymore...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucky you. I hear tons of stories of people arguing with their loved ones over Warhammer. At least if you lock yourself up to paint your army, your GF isn't beetching at you, shes painting her army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why wouldn't you want your girlfriend to play? Is it a case of you play at your local GW, or you are a member of a local gaming club, and you think she might impinge on time you enjoy spending away from her?

Time by yourself doing things you like is not a bad thing, or spending time with just your friends is not a bad thing either. Being in each others pockets all the time can be a bad thing as well as a good thing. But spending time together on something you both enjoy is a really good thing. Just depends on how and where you play at the moment.

If it's a case of you just don't think it's a good idea her playing, let her make her own mind up.

My wife rekindled my interest in 40k and even played a game with me - but she couldn't understand the need for all the rules, and so never really took to it, although she does admit it looks quite good, and if she spent more time with she would probably grow to enjoy it.

Just be grateful that she is not on your back about having an expensive hobby, that takes up too much time and is pointless.
    Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules.
    13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be.

... and Daemonhunters make it three - now just need a spare room to store it all!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consider, if you will, this tale which may, or may not, be true........

Lets say you teach your GF the rules and she really gets into it, everythings fine for a while, you both bask as the intoxicating power of your love is fed by your love of gaming. A happier couple one could not hope to find.

Then it starts........she starts to beat you.......once or twice at first but soon she revels in your suffering. Your a bigger man than to let defeat bother you, but the diabolical screams of joy and hate are starting to grate at your nerves. Before you know it she has joind some strange Warhammer Cult, called herself Jane Stormwindale and runs round the woods hunting goblins. Whenever you ask her what shes up to she just shows you her Inquisitorial Seal and thretens you with retribution. Long story short, she kills you with a weed-wacker because she thinks that your responsible for the mushrooms in the garden and are planning a wahh!

......or not.
    A Rhino? SLOTH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, when she is going to choose an army, don't throw all kinds of hits and hints to her, let her decide what she likes and not what you like.
    Don't feed her with ideas about other races (though make sure she stays away form necrons :shifty: )

Originally posted by Mr Shadow@Mar 8 2005, 14:10
    Then it starts........she starts to beat you.......once or twice at first but soon she revels in your suffering. Your a bigger man than to let defeat bother you, but the diabolical screams of joy and hate are starting to grate at your nerves. Before you know it she has joind some strange Warhammer Cult, called herself Jane Stormwindale and runs round the woods hunting goblins. Whenever you ask her what shes up to she just shows you her Inquisitorial Seal and thretens you with retribution. Long story short, she kills you with a weed-wacker because she thinks that your responsible for the mushrooms in the garden and are planning a wahh!
    [snapback]346972[/snapback]
    Dude.. that happens only to World of Warcraft players :rofl:

Senior Member The Real Leman Russ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hah! girlfreinds and warhammer, those were the days. I have one word of advice, and this is from personal experiance. STAY AWAY FROM "CUTE" MODELS. I was fortunate to get her hooked on lost and the dammed and she plays even now. but something about the love hearts painted onto her csm can make even the most nerdish hobbiest burst into laughter. i found that an easy distraction is to stick them in front of the first regiment of skaven and let her coo and drool about the "cute little mice men". the second thing you need to know is that what ever you do do not underestimate your girlfreinds ability. when she leans over to mesure the range of that plasma gun avert your eyes lest wanton desire takes over your mind and you fantacise about her femininity. as to the female community on this site, you know what i mean sisters, right? abit of femenine charm gets the geekish hordes gagging and gagging on thier dice shakers.
    Children in the dark cause accidents, accidents in the dark cause childen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast