Dice probability charts for casting, combat, etc? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Dice probability charts for casting, combat, etc?

Does anyone have the link to this? I had it on my old computer, but the hard drive is still down. There's one that dictates the chance of casting each spell sucessfully of x power level with x number of dice, and another one for combat results in regards to WS, S, T.

There's no reason to close this, by the way. I doubt GW has copyrighted the laws of probability and chance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    293 (x5)

I'm not entirely sure what you are looking for exactly, but I have developed an Excel Spreadsheet with all the functions needed to accurately model any (ranged or close) combat in the W40K games system and give you the percentage chance of achieving a result.

For example :

A Marine shooting at a Marine:

To hit: 3+ i.e. 4 chances out of 6 (or) 66.67% to hit

To wound: 4+ i.e. 3 chances out of 6 (or) 50%

To FAIL a save: (save = 3+) therefore TO FAIL = 2 chances out of 6 (or) 33.33%

Therefore for a Marine to wound a Marine = 67.67% * 50% * 33.33% = 11.11%

A Marine vs. a Terminator = 67.67% * 50% * 16.67% (i.e. 100/6) = 5.56%

therefore:

100 / 11.11 = 9 i.e. nine shots to wound a marine (on average)

100 / 5.56 = 18 i.e. eighteen shots to wound a terminator.

I hope this helps...

Incidentally, the percentage chance of wounding with several attempts (example: 5 attacks at 50% each) is NOT 5 * 50% = 250%. It's 50% * 50% * 50% * 50% * 50% = 96.88% (one attack will have a 50% chance of success, two will have 75%, three 87.50%, four 93.75% and five 96.88%). Obviously there is a (small)chance of each attack in succession failing.

The Excel Formula to give you the percentage of massed attempts is :

=(1-(1-B1)^C1)

Where B1 = the percentage chance of one success
    and C1 = the number of attempts
    Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy." Are you listening, Games Workshop ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Ya, I think I remember what you're asking about. Try this link: www.gammeljord.net

Well, I just tried it myself but it's suspended. Maybe it'll be back after a few days?

It's the site that was linked to in an earlier thread and has charts for passing leadership, casting, etc. I'd printed the page off and the URL was at the bottom.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread