What Is The Best Hq/Retinue? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Is the Best Hq/Retinue?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ork Nobz in Mega Armor

3 10.00%
  • Seer Coucil

4 13.33%
  • Grand Master/ Inquisitor and Terminator Retinue

7 23.33%
  • Dark Eldar Archon and friends

6 20.00%
  • Blood Angels Chaplain and Death Co.

1 3.33%
  • Tooled up Demon Prince

7 23.33%
  • Shas O' and XV8 Bodyguard

2 6.67%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is the best HQ and retinue? who is the most fluffy?

My votes

I think the strongest is either the Seer Coucil or the Ork Nobz in Mega Armor
    The Seer coucil has witchblades(wounds anythign on a 2), WS and I 6, Re-Rollable 4+ inv saves, and a whole lot of guardians mowing down a path with their shuriken. Also the Seer Coucil can have a very nice Meat shield of 20 guardians with a 5+ cover save that can be re rolled with fortune.

Ork nobz in mega armor have 2 wounds a piece, 2+ save(sometime 5+ inv) and huge kinds of attacks and one the charge...ini 8. if armed with power claws and choppas, they can take on just about anything. especially if they are in a trukk, they get where they are going fast!

what do u think? did i miss a potential candidate? let me know and ill add it.

<insert witty remark here>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that most HQ choices are pretty spiffy... The Seer Council is Irritating and Hard, The Orks are way Hard, but ultimatly slow, I&#39;ve seen some wickedly scary DE HQ selections as well, an Thousand Sons Srcerer Cabals can be insanley destructive. In the end I&#39;d have to give a slight nod to the Seer Council, Witchblades and all those Psychic powers win out in the end.

However being a Ravenguard player, I&#39;d have to say my personal favorite is a Chaplain with lightning claws, and tooled up for CC backed by a Ravenguard command squad all equipped with lightning claws and Jump Packs. A devastating CC monster it is... Usually the core of my attacking force, they can pretty much go toe to toe with any CC unit in the galaxy... They&#39;re my ace in the hole...
    --Keep Disco Evil--

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats cool dude, never thought the ravenguard had a sick hq.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went with daemon prince because I&#39;ve never actually seen a Seer Council in action, but I have seen some badass daemon princes. Some guy on the GW forums got his daemon prince so nuts that it could take out Kharn and the Bloodletter at the same time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go with Grand Master and Retinue. Just cause I&#39;m a GK player.
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the grand master with terminator armour is the worst because they are seriously powerful and are hard to kill. i also havnt fought most of the others though.
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark eldar are obiovusly the best. Theres really only a couple units in the game that stand a chance: Large units of paraiahs, howling banshees, greater deamons and deamon princes. because they all have eather invulnerable saves, Super toughness, weapon skill and wounds. or strike before the "archon and friends"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemon Prince by far.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen&#33;

&quot;I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman.&quot;

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why do u think the demon prince? any specific reason?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

I think really all HQ and their retinues are all strong, but they also have have their disadvantadges as well. I like my HQ and his 7 man chosen termie squad all w/ the mark of nurgle, but i also like the ones you posted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Psychotic, Soda Addicted, Level-Headed Christian Friendly, Sexy Japanese Girl of LO

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast