Warhammer And 40k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it true that Warhammer fantasy and 40k is in the same universe ?. Cause once i read a short story in inferno (i forgot which one) it says that 5 mysterious beings (i think they mean Terminators) appeared from nowhere and wipe out a choas hoard or something i forgot.

anyway can anybody tell me is it true ? :huh:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Officially the universes of WHFB and WH40K are not connected in any way.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it was in Inferno no 2 (it was a long time ago)
    so....anyway if they weren't connected why they put it in Inferno ?
    also take note with the Chaos gods and Kaela Mensha Khaine. :huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a coincidence. GW has gone on record saying the two universes aren't connected- most likely so they don't have to make sure everything matches up, lol

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol plus the fact that it doesnt make sense. one people using bows and arrows, one using missle launchers.

lol a bow and arrow hits a marine in power armor. marine is like..w t f was that? lol
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they are actually connected, even if it isn&#39;t official..

Remember that WFB takes place around 2000AD sometime, and 40k is in 41,000AD.

Dark Elves God: Khaine
    Eldar God: Khaine

Chaos in both.

I actually think that Orcs in WFB and Orks in 40k are the same race, just that on Earth they didn&#39;t have guns, and were exterminated.

Dwarves must have died out, and I also think that the Elves are either Eldar that have crashlanded on Earth and reverted back to "Barbarism" as the Eldar would see it, OR the Old Ones created Terra as a way to see which of the races that they created would win out in the end, and so placed them all on it and let them fight it out for supremacy.

Either way, they ARE connected. I&#39;ve seen too many fluff connections to believe otherwise.

John Reeves "Overcode" Hall, 1980-2005, http://overcode.yak.net/1

DONATE TO THE FIGHT AGAINST MELANOMA
    http://www.acsevents.org/faf/r.asp?t...99915-86454580

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

There are lots of similarities, but that doesn&#39;t mean anything. GW has OFFICIALLY stated that WHFB and WH40K are NOT in the same universe. The people who designed the basics of the 40k universe simply weren&#39;t creative enough to think about an entirely different background, or they even intended all these similarities in order to make WHFB interesting for WH40K players and vice versa: "Oh, i play Eldar, but i also started High Elves a while ago"

BTW, if i remember correctly WHFB Elves are immortal (concerning age), WH40K Eldar are not immortal.

jwu

Ino
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don&#39;t believe that Warhammer actually occurs on earth, so you don&#39;t really have to worry about crazy stuff like eldar crash landing and stuff. The silly rumor that I heard about it was that they do take place in the same universe, just that the events occurring in Warhammer take place on a planet isolated by/in/near the Eye of Terror.
    The Good News is here&#33;

Check it out:
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&passage=Ezekiel+18%3A28-32&version=NIV' target='_blank'>Ezekiel 18:28-32</a>
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=NIV&passage=Ezekiel+33%3A11' target='_blank'>Ezekiel 33:11</a>
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=NIV&passage=Mark+1%3A15' target='_blank'>Mark 1:15</a>
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=NIV&passage=Romans+10%3A9-10' target='_blank'>Romans 10:9-10</a>

PM me for more info&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im pretty sure GW used the same names for one simple and logical reason- copyright.

Taking out IP (interlectual property, copyrights) on a product is expensive but necessary unless some1 wants to rip it off. So GW logically thinks- why should we pay for two copyrights when the same stuff can be used twice??

Cheapskate, but thats how u make money in business

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the big codex, one of the kinds of worlds is Feral. I think that those are planets developing humans, but not even semi-close to what the others are at. Maybe WFB takes place on one of those planets, and the Imperium is keeping close watch over them, like an experiment... Bwahahahaha&#33;
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast