Am I the only one that thinks the Forge World designers should design for GW? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

Am I the only one that thinks the Forge World designers should design for GW?

Look at the models that Forge World produces in comparison to the ones GW does. There is no competitions, Forge World is, hand's down, the victory in design. True their models are more expensive, but they use a different material and larger models than GW does. But if they went over to GW then I bet a lot less people would complain about the models GW puts out (because some of them are just horrible).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Its always been this way....in the old days Marauder miniatures were always so superior to citadel ones
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't they somehow affiliated? I thought that they were owned by the sae people...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't say i hear of too many people complaining about the quality of GW's models. People go on about the price generally, not the quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm_III
    Aren't they somehow affiliated? I thought that they were owned by the sae people...
    Forgeworld is a Games Workshop owned company.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GW is the parent company for FW, meaning that GW owns forgeworld, but Forgeworld manages itself...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what I thought. So then... What's the big whoop? They are owned by GW so technically they already are making models for them. Or did you want them to make every modle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the GW models are cool looking enough but FW just improves on them like the Crisis suits. I mean its pretty easy to improve on the models GW makes. A little more armour, more details, and you have a better looking model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, forgeworld models look better. Just compare their chaos dreadnoughts with the official ones for example. But remember, forgeworld makes everything in metal. Making metal models is a lot less complicated than the plastic ones. For some reason, plastic models need to be made three times as large first. plastic is cheaper. Besides, although forgeworld has the best sculptors, their casting techniques aren't as good, their parts often fit poorly together, and easily break, or even melt. Resin sucks.

But still, I'd like forgeworld to take over too. More large scale warfare. More flyers and superheavies would be cool. A bit more like Red Alert And in warhammer fantasy there should be more forgeworld sized monsters.
    Ave Dominus Nox!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

forgeworld quality models without the price, every gamers dream...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast