Daemon Prince vs. Hive Tyrant - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemon Prince vs. Hive Tyrant

thought it might be an interesting discussion?

their weaknesses and advantages in general?

their weaknesses and advantages against each other?

what the outcome of a 1 on 1 well set up daemon Prince on a well set up Hive tyrant might be?

Bag of Chips, Chaos Warmaster

Undivided
    Win/loss/draw
    /27/ /6/ /5/

Tzeentch
    Win/loss/draw/
    /6/ /0/ / 2 /
    Only death will be guarding your angels, silently
    Cripples joining arms in clamour
    Institutionalized for the rebirth, the herd will be hunted

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DEpends how you upgrade it it is possible to make a deamon prince have 10 strength 7 attacks(khorne).Or Tzeencth with 5 wounds and str 8 magic ap 2 with no psycic test needed at only 100 points i think. But the new hive tyrant isnt that hard to beat just get a hovoc sqaud of 4 rokit launcherz. But chaos have better upgrades like 2+ save against magic and force wepons, being able to get stepped on by a titan and still fight on reducing armour saves to 4, being able to re-roll all hit, wound or armour save roll with tzeentch.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

It looks like quite a tough fight to me.

Without charge bonus a tyrant can get five attacks (plus bio plasma, which i will disregard here), but with implant attack these five attacks are as good against a four wound daemon prince as ten attacks.

So basically a tyrant gets an effective 10 attacks, hitting 4+ (3+ in the new codex with feeder tentacles), wounding 3+ or 4+, inv save allowed.

The DP's punch, well, depends on the layout. Generally i would put my money on the DP, mostly due to the inv save. The tyrant clearly has an edge at ranged combat though - warp blast can put an end to the fight before it has begun.

Or Tzeencth with 5 wounds and str 8 magic ap 2 with no psycic test needed at only 100 points i think.
    There is no way to get a DP with five wounds, four is the maximum.

being able to re-roll all hit, wound or armour save roll with tzeentch.
    Nope, only one reroll...you really need to read the rules.

But the new hive tyrant isnt that hard to beat just get a hovoc sqaud of 4 rokit launcherz.
    Unless he uses warp field for a 2+ save, that is.
    Last edited by ArchonAstaroth; May 10th, 2005 at 00:28.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes mark of tzeecth gives 1 wound demonic essence gives 1 wound so whats 3 + 2 ?

And that save isnt invunrable so use lascannons and lots of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

NO, the extra wound is granted to standaard troops, also the Mark provides the trops with D. essence, there for can't be taken twice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if the idea is beat both, a prince demon with the mark of Slannesh, Daemonic Force and +1 I in charge can slay the Hive Tirant easily
    Don´t try to hide, i can smell your corruption...

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Daemonic force?

But yes, generally the DP should win in close combat.

A DP with the mark of slaanesh doesn't really need furious charge though, as he strikes first against a tyrant anyway. The strength bonus is neat though...unless it has a dark blade anyway.

On the other hand...such a DP won't really get that many attacks. The DP has a very good chance to survive, and then things will get ugly. A khorne DP with glaive definitely stands a better chance than a slaanesh one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Daemon Prince is where my bet goes. With the right gifts/weapons a Daemon Prince has the same tougness and wounds as the Tyrant, and better strength. Top it off with an invulnerable save, and the Tyrant is outclassed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Addoran
    Daemon Prince is where my bet goes. With the right gifts/weapons a Daemon Prince has the same tougness and wounds as the Tyrant, and better strength. Top it off with an invulnerable save, and the Tyrant is outclassed.
    Upgraded tyrant is Str 7 toughness 7 and 7 attacks on the charge. Me and my friends always do Daemon prince on Hive Tyrant battles. The daemons princes i usually face are the fully upgraded Khornate , Slaanesh, Nurgle). If the tyrant doesn't instant kill the daemon prince he usually wins with dual Venom cannons blastin at him each turn. If the Tyrant is close combat then he has a harder time winning but still usually kills the Prince b/c of his implant attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id bet on th Ht as as Touel said a fulyl upgraded Ht would own at S7 T7 7 attacks wings and IA warp field and teh other goodies he would most likly get teh charge and eat it up with only 2 hits neeading to wound to kill it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast