Should there be more women characters/models in 40k? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should there be more women characters/models in 40k?

I was thinking apart from Which Hunters and the Inquisition there arent that many women models or characters.Would you like there to be more women in warhammer 40k?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

You can have many women. The Imperial Gaurd is spossed to be made up of men and women. So in theory you could have an all women army. Banshees are female, as are many Dark Eldar units. So the girls aren't that hard done by.

All though SoB still rock!

See you on the other side of the table

Yossanrion
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Member Grand Master Saiyan Sanguine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In fluff women are grossly underrepresented, but in the game you can load up on them for the guard or make female inquisitors. SoB are very nice for century old women haha. I'm trying to rustle up an all female guard army. With just a little innovation you can make it work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That´s right, the female character are only in few armys, what about a IG Comander? will be the next great Farseer of Ulthwe a woman? We want more women¡¡¡¡¡ (and if they dress like the Dark Elf better) :p
    Don´t try to hide, i can smell your corruption...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

The problem is that there aren't that many female models. I don't think You get any females in the basic Cadian or Catachan box, which being plastic are the most common IG...
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

IN the Cadiens Troop box they are all men, but there is an IG chick holding a Grenade Launcher. I think there need to be more women.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I was thinking apart from Which Hunters and the Inquisition there arent that many women models or characters.Would you like there to be more women in warhammer 40k?
    What purpose would having more female models serve?

The ones available seem sufficient for the roles they play.

You can always convert what is already available to suit your needs.

That way the rest of us don't have to suffer another 'across the board' price increase because they created new female model molds that don't sell enough to justify the need.

The Uncivil Servent Mikhail The Heretic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

Yeah i would agree that there is a shortage of female models especially in 40K maybe if games workshop get round to doing another Gaurd unit they may do all female.

Horus betrayed the Emperor because the Emperor crushed his favorite puppy with his Land Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Grephaun
    It's all about real ultimate power redoing the forum skin in pink and plaid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

I know a guy who created an entire IG army with all female soldiers. It took him like 3 yyears to convert and a lot of money, but it looked really good. Ther's no shortage of women in the fluff, but they are outnumbered by the men.They make it obvious in Eldar/Dark Eldar fluff that thier sexes are treated equaly, but ther are no ork females, and women in the IG aren't mentioned often as only the heroes tend to get mentioned and there aren't many female heros. I guess in fluff terms they can blame it on the cultures of the individual planets. A lot of planets in the Imperium are culturaly primitive, so women probably aren't treated fairly in a lot of places, and since each planet is responsible for it's own recruiting policies, they probably don't draft women.Game wise there's more male characters because there's more male players. Most players like characters they can identify with on some levels, and most males can't identify with women.Then some of the female models they have now where obviously designed to grab male gamer's attention.(daemonettes >_>)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    293 (x5)

Yeah, I'd like to see more female (human) models, particularly in IG type uniforms, such as Cadians. It would just add richness to the games, and may also attract more females to the hobby. I hope I am not stereotyping here, but several Girl Gamers I know are devoted Sisters of Battle players.

Anyway, we have a few good minis already, as in the lovely Sisters of Battle, the Necromunda Escher gangers, and Rocketgirl and Warrior Woman from the Last Chancers, and at least one Tanith female trooper from Gaunts Ghosts. However, the quality does vary, as it usually does across GW ranges. The recent Sisters Repentia look extremely chunky even ignoring that they are supposed to be living an austere life of penury and presumably near-starvation between battles.

Incidentally, I don't see much of a need to do new female troops in the expensive plastic, any foreseeable demand would be catered for with metal models. Having said that, I would dearly love plastic Sisters of Battle.
    Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy." Are you listening, Games Workshop ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast