Eye of Terror conclusion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eye of Terror conclusion

I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but where can I find the conclusion to the eye of terror campaign. I have looked everywhere in GW's website but I can't find it. The Storm of Chaos campaign has a section for the story and the conclusion, but all it says is that the campaign has ended. I heard that Chaos has taken over Cadia, is that true? Does that mean Chaos won?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HA! I only wish. GW would never write a campaign in which the bad guys win, if they did it would probably ruin most of the 40K Universe (fluff-wise I mean).
    I'm afraid I don't now much more about EoT's conclusion than you do. Where can people find those stories anyway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

From what I still remember it was a victory for chaos but only just, cadia still stands but it is but a fraction of it's former glory and whole systeem have been destroyed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -47 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by 1st of the Thousand Sons
    HA! I only wish. GW would never write a campaign in which the bad guys win, if they did it would probably ruin most of the 40K Universe (fluff-wise I mean).
    I'm afraid I don't now much more about EoT's conclusion than you do. Where can people find those stories anyway?

yeh then howcome it says somewhere that the imperium is getting weaker while the tau empire rapidly increases in numbers. And what about the tyrinids or the orks, and chaos will always be able to taint people, ALWAYS! you cant stop the onsluaht of deamons aslong and people hate, desire or change! AND face it the eldar arnt much threat.....

and if you say tyrinids are weak howcome only the forefront of there empire has come out and it devastes the imperium.

and if you say orks are rubbish they leave spores to make more orks and the orks hold as many planets as the imerium does.

and the choas are undeafetable aslong as people have hate,desire,change people will always follow the chaos, and how long would it take to count an infinite deamons?

so the badguys are acutally winning (in a way)
    Last edited by MADDNESS; May 27th, 2005 at 19:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

I coulda sworn somebody asked this befor..but I can't find it so neh.

Anyways they stopped Abaddon cold on Cadia, but they couldn't push him back into the Eye. As it stands now,Abbadon as his feet firmly planted on Cadia,which means he's out of the Eye and in the Imperium. This is a very bad thing for the Imperium. Abaddon plans on regrouping in Cadia and making another push towards Terra, which will probably succeed since it's much easier to move on the Imperium from within the Imperium then it is to move from the Eye of Terror. Not only do the humans have to worry about the Spikey Boyz, but they got Tyranids gnawing on thier eastern and southern borders, Tau chipping away at thier territory in the northeast, Necrons popping up all over the place, and ...well Orks are always a problem but they're not as much of a serious threat as those others.

Everybody keeps saying "Oh the Imperium's gonna loose! Necrons/'nidz/ chaos are gonna pwn them beause they suxxor and Ultramarines r gay!" or whatever it is people keep spouting..but if you think about it, the Imperium's always on the brink of destruction. I can't remember a single campaign or fluff story that starts of with "Things are going pretty well in the Imperium." This is nothing new people, it happens all the time. The Imperium isn't gonna lose,nobody's gona lose because then there would be a winner, and game would be over, and then what would we all talk about? O.o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

You could always try the Eye Of Terror Webside, which is still up....

http://www.eyeofterror.com

Wolfkin
    Army:

Terminator Based Custom Chapter

http://www.terrascenic.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MADDNESS
    yeh then howcome it says somewhere that the imperium is getting weaker while the tau empire rapidly increases in numbers.
    The Tau Empire gained 32.6% of its original size during the Eye of Terror Campaign. But compared to the Imperium, thats a measly size. The Imperium could easily re-take those lost territories if they wanted to (their resources are used in other more important matters - like defending their empire from chaos, orks etc). So, they're just turning a blind eye for now for this infraction. The Tau Empire still has a long way to go.

For the exact details, go to:

http://www.eyeofterror.com/uk/assets/eot-conclusion.pdf

enjoy...
    Last edited by mr_yano; May 28th, 2005 at 00:04.
    Is all good...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the link.

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by MADDNESS
    yeh then howcome it says somewhere that the imperium is getting weaker...
    Accually, the Imperium is still expanding but no longer at the the explosive speed of the crusades its growth has now come to a slow crawl. However the fact remains, the Imperium is expanding. For every world lost a new one is captured from some species not important enough to be mentioned in fluff and colonized.

Thats the thing about the 40k universe from what i understand. No matter what happends things will always return to a sort of stalemate with the sense of impending doom having about it. I mean, in every codex it is hinted that just that race is going to win. Orks are like "and if they ever combined their forces then no force in the galaxy would be able to stand in their way" and the Tau are like "and they will continue to fight untill the day when everyone in the galaxy follows the greater good." Tyranids are called the horde that will send wave after wave untill they win... etc. etc.
    It has to be that way. GW manipulates the fluff to make sure that no side ever grows to powerful in order to keep the chaotic sort of stalemate of the 40k universe and the constant warfare.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

+ Reply to Thread