Forgeworld Concern? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgeworld Concern?

I have just received my forgeworld order and had a look at them. Many of the molds have airbubbles at the edges like they were attacked by poison or something. Has this happened to anyone else? If so what did you do??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Forecast
    I have just received my forgeworld order and had a look at them. Many of the molds have airbubbles at the edges like they were attacked by poison or something. Has this happened to anyone else? If so what did you do??
    Well I have never had that happen, but I guess if they are concave then use some putty to fill in the void areas. If they are convex, just file/cut them off. If you are really upset about it, contact ForgeWorld. I am sure they would be happy to correct the order.

Good luck!
    ~the machine god

{secretly the machine god plays Tau and CSM ...shhhh...don't tell the adepts!!!}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Most of the time Forge Wolrd components are excellent. I would suggest emailing them with your concern and perhaps they might offer a replacement.

The edges are occasionally a little rough but that's the nature of resin moulding really. I own many FW pieces and I cannot say I have ever been given cause for complaint.

Wolfkin
    Army:

Terminator Based Custom Chapter

http://www.terrascenic.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The arms of the Orks really look like that have been attacked by acid or even drill holes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Hi. Resin models often have airbubbles in them the solution is to fill them with green putty, not green stuff actual putty that comes in a tube. you can wipe it over the holes to fill and then just wipe away the extra with a rag. It is sold at hobby shops and miniature railroad shops....Squadron makes a good one for around $5...

hope that helps. :cool:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

forge world is excellent quality ut it comes at a price, there are ocasionall small bubbles.

obviously if there are loads of bubbles and deformitys then forge world should have sent you a differnet componenent, try contacting them and sending them pics if you want a replacment.

if its not that bad, use putty to fil the gaps as mentioned above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely ask for a replacement. Forgeworld is very good at replacing defective items, often with no questions asked. They usually tell you to keep the defective items too, so if you can somehow salvage the defective ones, you will essentially have twice as many models as you purchased.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's bad. Try to get replacements.

+ Reply to Thread