Cost Of Item 'x' - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is the Chaos Space Marines Daemon Prince also to most bulky(metal) daemon prince the cheapest by about 7 pound(no pound signs at school)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im pretty sure no one here can answer that so go ask your local hobby store or GW or ask da trollz.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen!

"I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman."

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be quite honest...
    I don't understand what your question is...
    Could you please explain more accurately?
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe he's asking why it's cheaper than the greater daemons? And if so, it's probably because the greadter daemons can be used in Fantasy or 40K so are more useful.
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cost of the materials isn&#39;t what drives the price of the model. In reality the difference between a handful of plastic and a handful of metal is negligiable. The real cost is in the pre-production development and the molds. Plastic injection molds are much more expensive to produce, and so are reserved for models likely to have a large production run (rank and file troops). This way the cost is spread over a large number of minis and doesn&#39;t seem as bad. Metals are almost always low production runs, heros and such. Often it seems GW will bump the price way up for heros because they expect comparitively few to be sold, and they want to recoup their cost. My guess is they expected the new demon prince to sell well, and were able to put it out at a lower cost. The actual weight of the model had nearly no impact on the cost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

From what I&#39;ve heard, GW also have high prices on Big character models because the suits and people who run it, dont like Special characters, and prefer the game played with units and squads, instead of having it based on Big characters....probably the reason your not really allowed certain people unless the game is of a certain point size.
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We&#39;ve had this discussion several times at my local shop. Many arguments have been thrown around and the best explanation we can find is really pretty easy,

Points cost.

How much is a unit of 5 Chaos Termies?
    How much is an Obliterator?
    How much is a Demon Prince?
    How much is a box of Bloodletters?

These are just a few I am very familiar with. Take a look at some miiniatures and boxes you are familliar with and see if it works out.

I&#39;d love to see some other peoples input.

Uncle Jesse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I&#39;ve heard, GW also have high prices on Big character models because the suits and people who run it, dont like Special characters, and prefer the game played with units and squads, instead of having it based on Big characters....probably the reason your not really allowed certain people unless the game is of a certain point size.
    if thats the case explain nightbringer being so cheap

Closed Thread