Tyranid Carrying Case - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys,

Read the old thread about miniature carrying cases and found that most of you weren't wild about the stock carrying cases, as they don't accomodate Tyranids.
    Is there a miniature carrying case out there that does, or what is the alternative?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the local store owner plays nids and uses about a 6 foot long gun case.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose the only real alternative is just to cut out little dividers to make the guys fit.

I think the only team that could have as much trouble as tyranids with those damned cases are chaos&#33; You have NO idea how hard it is to fit Khorne Berzerkers into those damned slots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, maybe you could try finding one of the other GW cases. I think they were designed to hold tanks and the likes of which. You opened the case up, and each half of the case had a divider that was covered with that dimply foam, and on the inside of the compartment was more dimply foam. It was good because you could fit all the odd-shaped guys, but the bad thing was that you didn&#39;t have as much room.

edit: You could probably make something like it out of a briefcase and some dimple foam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

I came up with an idea for carrying MOST armies that just about everyone at my store is switching to. Go to Wal-Mart, or whatever comparable store you have in your country and buy a roll of 1" wide magnetic tape. Cut the tape to 1" sqaures to fit your regular soldiers, stick them to the bottom of the base and trim away the excess with your razor. Use bigger pieces of magnetic tape, of course, for bigger models.
    Once all of your models have magnetic bottoms, go buy yourself a steel tool box for 20 bucks (One with a removable steel tray on top is the best) and then stick your models in there. My entire 100+ soldier IG army and up to 6 tanks/transports fit in one 20" x 8" toolbox.
    My friend plays tyranids and he did this. Even his hive tyrant and carnifex stay put like a rock using this method. The only models I have had trouble with are my wifes nightbringer and deceiver because they are so top heavy. Howver, there is a way to make my method work despite the problem. Just find a container about the same size as the model, put some padding in it and then put magnetic tape on the bottom of the container. All you have to do then is put the container in the toolbox whenever you want to bring that model.
    Ohyeah, total cost: About 30-35 dollars. Compare that to the cost of 45 dollars for ONE GW case that won&#39;t even hold a measly 1500 point army for most people.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is the sickest idea ever&#33; lol it makes me want to sell my gw case and use it lol.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friends and i used the Magnetic tape method, and after a while the tape would start to lose it&#39;s magnetic charge....... broken models everywhere. Another friend of mine actually found one inch circular magnets that were strong enough to hold forever, but then he had problems moving his units as the magnets attracted each other (but it made for some rather hilarious moments as he tried to move just one model&#33. We just switched to large tackle boxes (from Walmart) and felted the trays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

You did something screwy for magnetic tape to lose its charge dude. I&#39;m not sure what, but I&#39;ll look into it. I&#39;ve had the same refrigerator magnets for about 6 years now and THEY haven&#39;t lost their magnetic charge. Every time I get a new pizza coupon sheet in the mail, I use the same old UGA magnet that I had when I graduated. Same Concept.
    Not to mention I&#39;ve been transporting my army(s) like this for, oh, about 2 years now and no problems. Perhaps you and your friends live under some power lines or something.... heh. (No kidding here either, subjecting the magnets to a mid to strong electrical source will demagnetize them over time)
    Hint to those attempting my method: Don&#39;t set your toolbox right beside your computer tower / ungodly huge entertainment center / the AMP or speakers in your trunk / your home stereo system. If you aren&#39;t catching a trend here, then there&#39;s no hope for you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yah...... right next to an electrical routing station :huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could complain?
    i didnt realise powerlines had sich a great effect.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast