What's With All The - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost every day I see a new thread saying " I wanna start a new army help me pick one". Like WE know what army somebody might like. And most of the time it seems that they've already half made a choice, and are just looking for somebody to say "Go ahead, you'll win EVERY game if you go with army X!". rarely if ever does the post state what the person is looking for in their new army, and when they do it's really vague like "Non human" or "really shooty, but not Tau" or something else to that effect. Most of the time these posts recieve 3-5 replies.

Really if you can't decide with all the info ALREADY posted here and elsewhere, anything we say isn't going to help you.... fer Chrissakes obtain some codexes and play people! Proxies are plentiful and easy to come by!

I guess what I'm saying is:

These posts just seem to be popularity polls, as all the replies yer gonna get are who prefers what army.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and i am just wondering what is the point of this post if not to get yourself some post count.

if you have a problem with people posting asking which army people think would be good for them then tell me.

alot of people new to the game need guidance and in these posts they get told what are good and bad about each post. or would you rather they posted nce in each ary forum asking what is good and bad about each army.
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

i agree with k3. Aslo, what the hell is the point w/ this topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Psychotic, Soda Addicted, Level-Headed Christian Friendly, Sexy Japanese Girl of LO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is no direction or goal u wish to chieve to your post
    can u plz ask what u want

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this thread stops one person from posting a "which army should I choose" thread, than this thread DOES have purpose. I'm getting pretty annoyed by them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think his post has a meaning: to stop thread-spamming.
    The threads with "what army should i get" usually doesnt conatin _any_ info on what kind of army the person wants (shooty, hth etc) and _no_ info on fluff preferences. I do agree with LordHat.

I cant believe people dont know what army to choose caus its so simple:
    Choose the one that appeals to you.
    Choose the one you find cool or good-looking.
    Choose the one that has fluff that feels cool.

The armies are meant to be balanced so theres no reason trying to find the "best" army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. Here's how I picked my armies.

1) Chaos- I orginally wanted Marines, but my friend wanted to play SM, so I went on the GW website, found chaos marines, thought they were cooler, started chaos.
    2) Tau- Thought shooting units with giant guns was badass. Started tau.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kommissar karls kadians@Nov 3 2003, 08:53
    and i am just wondering what is the point of this post if not to get yourself some post count.

if you have a problem with people posting asking which army people think would be good for them then tell me.

alot of people new to the game need guidance and in these posts they get told what are good and bad about each post. or would you rather they posted nce in each ary forum asking what is good and bad about each army.
    If I really wanted to get my post count up, then I would post in single sentences, and reply to EVERY post. Besides, what point is there to a High post count? Do I get a cash prize for it? How about a T-shirt? Didn't think so. Also I said nothing about the NEW players. If yer looking for a NEW army, yer not a new player, unless you've collected 500 points, then decided you didn't like the army. Then again this is very rare, as most people won't know the army well enough to say till they own at least 1,000 points worth. After I bought 1,000 points of Necrons I wasn't too keen on switching armies..... that's quite a bit O' cash I had invested already.

All I'm saying is that if you need help deciding what army to collect next, then maybe you don't need to collect a new army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Interesting point. I too get a little agitated with all those posts, as the person will always pick what he likes best anyway. And every reply is standard, first you get some stuff like "army X r0xx0rz!!", then a more intelligent person comes along and asks for the standard questions. Why people can't figure this out on their own is a mystery to me.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, it does end up as a popularity contest, at first I tried to give my advice on those posts, but after geting swamped by them, I stopped.
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast