Fire Warrior - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire Warrior

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious to know your opinions about whether or not you think that fire warrior (for ps2) is a good thing for the table-top game. (I,E, Recruiting new players)

I'm torn. I've seen lots and lots and 8-11 year olds that started Tau, then started kicking and screaming (Not actually mind you, just being very very bitter) when one of 3 things happened.

1) They found out that fire warriors can only have Pulse Carbines, and

2) They compare the stats of Fire Warriors to the stats of the standard SM, or

3) Their affectionately (sp?) "Kais" gets blown to little blue bits when they're on the receiving end up an angry SM attack. Or Eldar. Or IG. Or Necrons (Priceless shooting turn my friends...priceless shooting turn...) Or a particularily lucky Dark Eldar. Or Chaos. I think I got my point across.

And let's not forget those people that walked into games-workshop, saw the actual game, asked where the 40k was (I work at a GW) then swore after I told him TWICE, and fingered me as they left, saying "I thought stores weren't supposed to goof around like you are!"

But, I have seen lots of people that have started the game, and have varied in what teams they take while being very understanding, and honestly great to deal with. And funny to crush... *insert satan smily here*

So, what do you guys think?

If a tree falls in the forest, and it lands on a mime, does anyone care?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Fae
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the long run i think its good publicity for the game which can never be a bad thing but i DO agree with you in that it might nastily surprise some people when they find out what its really all about (But if they take that attitude i'd rather them stay away)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... I think it has both good and bad points. On the plus side, it raises awarness of the GW hobby, and lessens its "geeky" reputation which it has somehow gotten at my college.

The bad side, is that some idiots decide that they want more, decide to try and find Warhammer 40K at a GW store, only to find that it requires more comitment than they can give. One guy even asked me what the sytem specs of 40k was. <_<

Also, shouldn&#39;t this be in the computer games forum?
    I live in your eyes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There&#39;s a computer games forum? (I hate that partial newb status)

:unsure: so...I feel stupid now. Could a Mod move this?

Please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, please move. Well, in my GW store about 100-200 people come each week day. Out of these, 50% come in because [Games + Workshop = Toystore] and out of those who don&#39;t, 75% come in because they want to "learn about the game" (play demo, leave, repeat). So, only <25 people come in to play, and most don&#39;t bring their armys&#33; Arrggghh&#33;&#33;
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the game sucks simply because it cant do justice to the awsomeness of 40k but its still gunna make tau loving idiots go wild and start playing
    <span style='color:red'>-=Read the sigrules=-</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I dont like when i hear that gamers come along, find out that 40k is a game involving miniatures and then go crazy.

I also dont like people like us being catergorized (sp?) as nerds, though I personally dont mind the title.

Yeah, the saying "All publicity is good publicity" doesnt really apply here, in my opinion.

pig
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion publicity for games workshop games is only a good as with some previous computer games shadow of the horned rat, dark omen and space hulk (which I have ) thing sure there will be a few people that don’t totally know what there going on about but you get that
    So go fire warrior

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have all the mechwarrior games harmed battletech? (this isn&#39;t a rhetorical question, i&#39;m wondering)

the one big thing i&#39;ve heard of happening is people seeing the "workshop" bit and bringing in deaded PS2&#39;s asking them to be fixed

either way, its not that much of a big step to get an army, the battleforce + codex isn&#39;t particularly expensive compared with video games and you can (like me) play with an army where everyone is sprayed black and just paint it slowly.

oh and about the geeky image; GW is geeky, theres no escaping it and i think it should be embraced

g33ks >> everyone else
    less hate more kittens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, the last person who called me a nerd because of 40k did it while I was reading Codex: Chaos Space Marines

He got a mean shock when he ripped it away to see what i was looking at. (*coughdaemonprinceillustrationcough*)

Now he&#39;s a slaaneesh player, and uses a LOT of daemonettes. Which promptly get gunned down, but that&#39;s beside the point.

And I just found something out. We&#39;ve stopped getting the people who expect 40k to be the c0013s7 comp game ever. We&#39;ve started getting people who are coming in and going, "So /this/ is what it&#39;s based on." And there&#39;s a lot of people starting now based on the fact that in fire warrior you fight against them and often get your ass handed to you by them.

It&#39;s neat.

And I don&#39;t agree with monkey. It lives up to a 40k scramble in my eyes.

Ex: Almost immedeatly, you&#39;re tossed into an IG trench, running down it, pulse carbine a-firin&#39; with platoons and Commisars firing at you. Leman Russes roll overhead, blasting away, Battle suits flash by unloading all their firepower, and the random broadside shot rips gigantic holes open in your enemies.

If that&#39;s not 40k, then I don&#39;t know what is.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast