What Would You Change? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Ok I've been thinking (where's them damn aspirin gone?) but with the new 40K due to be released some time soon, I would like to know what you would change? I mean is there something that's making your games less enjoyable, is there something you miss about last ed?

I've not been playing very long but I do know that lots have had problems, whether it be that they find the Shooting rules difficult to grasp or that they hate the way combat is resolved. Everybody has something about the game they dislike and would like to see changed.

This includes the Codices, I don't mean the actual lists (although some could do with a looking at) I mean the actual codex itself. I have the Angels of Death codex from last ed and I can find out more about the BAs or DAs from this than the new ones. I miss the fluff. I love the fluff, it can give you ideas on a new force you want to make or why a imperial SM chapter would fight another(without the inevitable "they've embraced chaos" reason). The new one's just aren't enough, especially the SMs one's they're to thin. Ok you can get the fluff of all SM chapters from the Index Astartes but why should I have to fork out another £10 or so to know the background to my army. (But in saying this Iam infact a hypocrite, I brought them. :blink: )

Also I think the game is based less on tactics and more on 'I have more men than you. Your gonna lose!! NANANANA!! '. Don't get me wrong not all are like this but lots are, or it's load up on CC units and rip them up there or shoot them to death from afar. This would be Ok it it's what your chosen army is known for ie BAs or BTs or Orks, 'Nids but Guard and Tau no. Or BAs etc tooled up for shooting. It's not right. If it's in the fluff then sure, BAs rushing forward with tact squads in the thick of it yes, Tau fire warriors? no.

Then there's the inevitable "It broken" cry. This is always cried after some genius try to take out an Ork warboss in CC with a Guard command squad. Now everybody wants everything to be able to be the same as a SM. "A SM has a 3+ Sv why can't eldar or Guard?" this is an question you can expect, if ever asked this reply with this "Because it's a bloody SM, numnuts!!" If it can't beat every or do everything then it's broken, I don't think these kind of people will be satisfied until GW introduce the "Swiss Army Knife" force, it's force is as strong as a Sm, as quick and graceful as an Eldar, can wield as many weapons as the Guard and as brutal in CC as an Ork, oh and the most important one has a 3+ save!!

But in saying this there are certain armies/units that could do with a touch up. My example is the SM Terminator. The terminator suit is the best armour the imperium can produce, each suit has been do hell and back and survived, it makes the wearer able to do things an marine in power armour just could, and they are suppose to be able to walk through weapon fire and walk out the other side with just light scratches. Give the ones firing on them a heavy bolter or autocannon or enough lasguns/bolters/shootas etc and watch the elite of the elite drop like flies. But wait no, they have a 5+ invul sv!! Wooopppyyy!! they get taken down to easy for my liking. What do you think?

Anyway thanks for your time, rant over.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my only question
    WHEN IS THE NEXT SPACE MARINE CODEX GONNA COME OUT? MY FRIGGIN CODEX IS 5 YEARS OLD AND ITS NEARLY RIPPED APART FFS GW WHEN ARE U GOING TO MAKE A NEW ONE?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?????????

I wish that they would make a new damn rhino, a more futuristic one i mean common the year is 40000 and there is only war, can you at least make a cooler tank?
    Give me pen and ill write you a novel, give me a pick and ill play you a masterpiece, give me a heart, and ill give you love.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A free (on line) regularly update index. It should list what are the most current rules, and where they are located.

Better yet, a rule book organized more like a technical manual (three ring binder) that would allow the posting of updated rules. (Star Fleet Battle is a good example) That way we could print out the rule update and replace the page affected.

Advanced rules to allow some of us more wargame oriented people to play a tactical game based on the skills of the players and not luck of the dice alone.

a D10 or D12 based system to allow a greater range of options and abilities (will never happen but one can hope).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah like fix the assault cannon rules...since when does a heavy bolter get more shots and better range than an assault cannon...some things I still miss from 2nd edition.
    "Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH!"
    Warlord Hakbash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrgghh! Since when do the Tau need 5+ to hit! They are one of the most innaccurate races, at least give them 4 BS and no WS.
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they should bring back the units that cause fear. Psychology to me isn&#39;t even a factor in 40K, and although I think it should have less impact then in fantasy, it should still be important.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think they should bring psychology into 40k more, things like fear, terror maybe be even something like amazing courage or against the odds- ie a guard unit defeats something like orks or marines in combat or units within 12" become stubborn.

apart from that i think the game is fine how it is, except for a few minor touch ups and clarifications i think it&#39;s fine, nothing is perfect after all and well this is pretty damn close. your right there is no such thing as broken but there still is cheese/beardiness.

i actually dont think they need to make a new space marine codex except to maybe add something like chapter doctrines liek the guard and veteran skills that chaos get. personally i find the marine codex to be the most balanced and easy to read codex of them all.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen&#33;

&quot;I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman.&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To mkae 40K my system of choice a hell of a lot of things would have to change. For starters, use a D10, it makes the game much more finely-tuned. And there are a myriad of other tiny things that would need to change.

Incidentally, my current system of choice is VOID by I-Kore (www.i-kore.com).
    &quot;I am, after all,&quot; said Pooh, &quot;a bear of very little brain.&quot; -- A.A. Milne

<a href='http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&amp;id=7017&amp;t=1' target='_blank'>Get Firefox&#33;</a>

Closed Thread