Kuffs GD notes... day.. thing.. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Kuffs GD notes... day.. thing..

Sooo the morning began extremely early; 5:30am to be exact. And as I had been drinking last night I wasn't that well in shape... a blurry eyed being stubbled out into the car and off to pick a mate up before getting to the venue.

Then standing three lines back Knape stands with me and bellows "INKIE" at which point a long haired yobbo turns at the name and nods - as well as waving a banner about. Afterwards I spotted someone else in line. Karantaallisiss.... whatever.... and after a chat we shuffles a few feet forwards and then at 9:50am they let the masses in.

Walking in the door we met with Inkie and enjoys a good chat for a while before wandering off to find my mate who had entered GD (nothing won but made first cut), taking pics of almost every boad possible along the way. Then I got side trcaked for like half an hour. I saw the dwarf... Oh yes. Plastic dwarfs and metal heros and the new look Thorgrim.. I was drooling. After many pics which I do think came out rather well I moved on.

Meeting the friend we ate and then went to get Dan Abnett to sign stuff; I got my programme sined and the others got a book and programme signed too. The que went from streching around the room to twenty people in the space of like ten minutes. So after that I wandered off to GD and took pics, where I met Inkie once more. Many people crowding round one two foot by six cabinet equals lots of waiting to get pics or leaning over them. :mellow: After that I got a signing from Gav and Graham McNeil, Gav surprisingly has a deep voice. Then we all wandered about before converging into the seats for rest, where we met LordofChange.

After a while it was decided to 'procure' some sprues from the painting which we failed at before returning the the seats. Then the GD awards were given out; with constant threats of Inkie heckling Gav should he appear on stage... then we said bye and all went home.

Now... pics. I have many and still adding ATM. About 200 odd in total.

http://img122.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=img00222hk.jpg

KU

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Good Report KuF.

I had a flick through some of those pics. The dwarfs are amazing, going to have to get me a few of those. Looks like they are going doing Tau next as expected and with a new race as the leaked concept pics suggested and I suppose Stingwings is as good a name as any. LETHAL space marine killers is interesting though.

Also karrot dialysis is growing a very very dwarfy beard.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

CC - True the dwarfs look very nice, and having now seen them up close and in person I have changed my mind. I like them alot. Yes they are only three part plastic (back, front and arms) but still very nice. And Thorgrim Grudgebearer just looks damned fine!

As to Karrot... he's now living in a half build farm house and has only recently got power and water. So he's kinda a hobo atm. XD

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

KuF- I think the Chaos Warriors prove that as long as the model looks great ranked up, there is no need for multi-pose kits for troops in WFB. 40K is different as you can see each individual model, I didn't realise that the new dwarfs were only three piece kits, but looking at the quality of the scupts, it does not matter a damn.

Karrot is only a bloody student bum anyways, no running water should not bother him ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    435 (x6)

*Grins.* I love the effect my art has on people. Obviously, you’re stunned by its beauty and speechless with gratitude for the artist who laboured day and night to create you a masterpiece of dwarven and orcen perfection. ^_^

Though your other photos pale in comparison to the one above, they're great nonetheless. Thanks for sharing! It sounds like you had so much fun. *Envies.* I have now made a vow to save up money and time enough to attend Games Day next year. That would be so cool. *Keeps her fingers crossed.*

~Grephaun.
    "Girls are nice and cuddly on the outside, and freaky on the inside." ~ Lost Nemesis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Errmm... It was early! half five in the morning in fact!! I had not even had a coffee yet.... but still, lovely pic do you not think so? ^_^ I will get you a better pic, one without me looking drunk-stoned-asleep.

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    435 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by King Ulrik Flamebeard
    Errmm... It was early! half five in the morning in fact!! I had not even had a coffee yet.... but still, lovely pic do you not think so? ^_^ I will get you a better pic, one without me looking drunk-stoned-asleep.
    It is a lovely photo indeed, as I did imply if not outright say in my previous post. It’s got character as well as a big dose of its own special brand of charm. I will definitely have to post it on my webpage to inspire others to buy my art. It just screams at the viewer: “Buy art! Be invited to parties! Get drunk! Stay out until 5 AM!“ I’d say that would make people purchase commissions, no? ^_^

~Grephaun.
    "Girls are nice and cuddly on the outside, and freaky on the inside." ~ Lost Nemesis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

242 (x6)

It looks as if the T-shirt is gradually sucking out his soul. Great work by the way Greph, don't mind KuF, dwarfs are always grumpy be it half five in the morning or the evening^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

435 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalcaveman
    It looks as if the T-shirt is gradually sucking out his soul.
    Hm. It seems purchasing Liber Chaotica was money well spent after all. Soon my evil army of artistically corrupted zombies shall be ready to begin conquering the world! Mwhahah! *Looks around.* What?! :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalcaveman
    Great work by the way Greph, don't mind KuF, dwarfs are always grumpy be it half five in the morning or the evening
    Thank you for the compliments, Chemicalcaveman. *Blushes.* And no worries, Kuffy has already let me know how much he appreciates my efforts, up to and including sending me a proposal for marriage. ^_^ Alas, I had to decline.

As for dwarfs being grumpy in the morning, well, I do believe we have irrefutable evidence of that now, n’est pas? At least until they get a good cup of coffee and a few hours of sleep. *Winks at KU.*

~Grephaun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Oi! Leave ma soul alone! It's damaged enough without you two planning its retirement! >=( I'm gonna have to wear my Gromril armour under the tshirt then it appears, and that chaffes.

Also Grep - You never replied to the proposal... I've been waiting. I am grumpy but then I am allowed soo... "You bloody kids!!!" *shakes fist*

KU

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast