Looking for something magical in WHFB and 40K - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x4)

Looking for something magical in WHFB and 40K

Well I kinda got the idea about this when I decided to look for my next army.

Considering the circumstances. What armies would you guys reccomend for a intermediate
    player whos looking for challange. For Warhammer armies I'm looking for

1)Creativity "what armies do you think you can be creative with, in strategy and why?"

2.)Survivability "whats your armies reccomended survivability rate per turn?"
    2a.) "what are unit surviability rates?"

3.)Strategy "how strategically difficult is it to master the army?"

4.)Uniqueness "For Troops choices ect..."

5.)Magic "has to have alot of magic or you wont get away with anything these days"

6.)Fluff "how well does it fit into the whfb universe?"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And for 40k were pretty much looking same categories. with a few different variants.
    I already play armies of the imperium but I want some ingenuity from the evil guys.

I've tried Tau, but its toooooo shooooty fooor meeeee.

List your 40k army and explain to me with the previous choice selections.

-HONORABLE MENTIONS IN BLITZKRIEG PAINTING COMP-
    "THAT I.G. GUY WITH THAT OVERDEVELOPED TRIGGER FINGER"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

What about the Eldar for 40k? They are not evil but damn difficult to master.
    Or the Lost and the Damned Chaos Army from EoT with no CSM allies? Conversion heavy, characterful, mostly low T models and not that many Anti-Tank choices.

I play pure SoBs army and I have played Eldar. The SoBs are Imperial so skip them.
    The Eldar army are pretty hard to play if you have a lot of aspect warriors as they must be used at the right time in the right place to be effective. There are also many ways to make an Eldar army, some may be shooty and others fast as a missile with Ork-modifications on it
    Last edited by Da Mighty Camel; October 8th, 2005 at 20:55.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

How about the Inquisition armies for 40k.. They're tricky to master (especially daemonhunters, witchunters might be a good intermediate challenge), their troops are well armoured and hence survivable, you can pick troops from other imperial armies to tailor a unique force, inquisitors have psychic powers, and they're one of the most interesting armies to create fluff for, as the inquisition is a diverse and complex organization with plenty of room for cool characters within its ranks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x4)

Heh I mentioned I collected inquisition. Are there any 40k players that play dark eldar?
    whats your take? What about necron players?

And for WHFB players whats your take on Lizardmen, Dark Elves, High Elves...ect?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

How about Chaos Dwarfs for WHFB? They are very original, they have magic, unlike other dwarfs. On the down side most of the models are only avalible on ebay, besides what you convert yourself....:yes:
    By day he fought with sword and shield.....
    By night he fought with pen and parchment.....
    He was....The Warrior Poet.......

Fear the ANZAC Clan!!!!!

ORDER OF THE SHADOWY FLAME!!!

Do you have uber micro...????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Not many plays Dark Eldar so they would be a good choice. Necrons are for the power gamers nad tournaments addicts. The army is just plain boring cause their is no way to change it or make it diffrent.

For WHFB, I say Chaos Dwarves! My friend have a border-patrol army of CDs (most of it converted) and they are awsome.
    You could do a Red Host of Sotek for Lizardmen, a army made up of Skinks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x4)

Not really interested in alot of converting, chaos dwarves seem like a good idea. I've been
    doing some research with Lizardmen and High elves.

Are there Dark Eldar players out there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

525 (x8)

I dont play DE but I have played against them alot. My friend build his army around is Archaon and retinue. He have to larger units of warrors with some heavy weapons, at least one Reaver, a Raider to transport his HQ with a Master of Blades with them and some more things.
    A very strong but hard to play force. They are generally even more fragile that normal Eldar (their Ravager have bader armour that a Falcon) and their warriors have the same toughness and arnour like a Guardian.
    If you are ready to buy really exspensive models, then CD are a good choice

+ Reply to Thread