Librarium Online Forums banner

Calling all ye warhammer fanatics!

414 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  BLADERUNNER 
#1 ·
Games workshop previously posted a announcement about a possible warhammer mmorpg.
From what I see it looks enticingly good but except the last one GW tried to make they
bailed out on it. Here is the news release for those of you who have not seen it.

Do you have any imput on it? Do you think it will work? Or will they break the
bank like they did last time? Discuss your answers.

WARHAMMER ONLINE

#2 ·
I have a bad feeling that it will have entirely too much competition with the plethora of other online fantasy MMORPGS. What the MMORPG community is really lacking are good Sci-Fi based games instead of more and more fantasy based games.

Just look at what Fantasy games there are:
Ultima Online
Evercrack (I'm sorry Everquest)
Everquest II
World of Warcraft
Lord of the Rings (Coming soon)
Warhammer (Coming soon)

Not to mention there are probably others that I haven't even heard about.

On the Sci Fi front we have only a couple that I can think of:
Anarchy Online (This barely even qualifies as Sci Fi to me)
Star Wars
Planetside

If there are others that people actually play, then please let me know.

Anyhow, I said all of that in order to say this: I'm not sure that this rendition of Warhammer Online will make it to completion either. It may, but I won't be surprised if it gets the chopping block too. I mean, World of Warcraft is almost completely dominating the Fantasy side of MMORPG's right now, and I don't know how Warhammer, which is a relative unknown to computer gamers, can compete with that.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I guess we'll see.

#3 ·
for fantasy theres:
warcraft (all of them)
Ages of Empires
Rome, Total War
and like, a billion more

For sci fi-
you forget the single greatest game of all time
STARCRAFT! (holla up in the hizzle all you sc playas!)

#4 ·
That's RTS games though, Numberman. And I wouldn't call the Age of Empires and Rome - total war fantasy games.
Talked with ANSOB who said that Mythic are planning on implementing a PVP-system similar to the one used in Dark age of Camelot. If they manage to squeeze in most of the races with correct allegiances (say O&G vs. the world, Chaos with Beastmen Vs. the world etc.) I'd say this MMORPG could turn out good.

#6 ·
Yeah Blizzard has a good grip on the market, in the end I think GW will end up by spending
to much like last time. Its a really awesome idea tho...I thnk they should just make it
a CDR game and release it to the warhammer players.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.