Funny Moments in the Hobby - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny Moments in the Hobby

I was interested in knowing funny things that happen while playing / creating/ etc.

Just things that are unusual and get a cheap laugh.

E.g. While playing a 2000 pts match against my friend ( i took Skavem, he took empire with Karl Franz with the hammer and the griffon - it was before Storm of Chaos) i shot my warp-lightning cannon at Karl, and rolled a pitiful Strength 2 shot that hit him. The bolt did not hurt Karl, but against all expectations, managed to wound Deathclaw (rolled a 6), and kill him (multiple wounds roll turned up a 6 as well)

In another match, 1500 pts, against the same opponent he took empire and i took dwarfs. For some reason, he took a HUGE squad of halberdiers, with a captain Battle Standard Bearer and another captain as his general, adding up to about 24 guys deployed in a long line (i have no idea why). i won first turn and shot at them with a bolt thrower (with rune of penetrating). Killed 6 of them, they failed their panic test, and due to their unusual formation, ran off the table, taking his tooled up general and battle standard with them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -39 (x0)

Last year (when there was the old Tyranid codex), i went up against a tau player - i used nids. In this 1000pt game, he used heaps of firewarriors and hammerheads (i think he had 2 hammerheads). After some bad fleet to claw rolls for my WHOLE army (like 1-2" ), and some crazy dice rolls from tau fire, my nids were practically all gone by turn 3. First turn, 70% of my gaunts (termi and hormi) were toasted. 2nd turn, 2 carnis go splat and all but 5 gaunts were gone. 3rd turn, all gaunts gone and hive tyrant guard gone. By turn 4 all i had left were 2 Zoan and a wounded hive tyrant ....A sad day for my nid army:sleep:. The again, there wasnt much terrain on the board so i couldnt sneak or manouvre my nids well...and it was my first game at 1000pt :tongue: . But i got slaughtered, end of the game, i had destoyed 1 hammer head and 2 firewarriors, while my army of 30 gaunts, 10 hormi, 2 carni, 2 Zoan and tyrant wif 1 guard were vapourised.:cry:

Pity me...but that was when i was a beginner, i have better luck with the dice gods now
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" -Dr. Suess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

I was in a 3 on 3 1000 point game, Me, my brother and a guy who worked at the store played 3 novices. My team was killing, so another staff member decided to just bring a carnifex onto the table on our side and he started marching it. In order to move, my friend had to fail an initiative check so the fex could move, trip 6s came up. That tooled up fex practically wiped out the list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

We had a mega-battle at my store-my Tau and another Tau vs two Armoured Companies. We re-instated the Lucky Glancing Hits rule. We also allowed some custom upgrades, such as Rail Rifles for Fire Warrior squads. FW squads could buy 2 Rail Rifles for 10 points each.
    Anyways, one of my squads got blown away by a Demolisher first turn, leaving only a Fire Warrior with a Rail Rifle.
    Said FW then proceeded to blow away 3 tanks-2 Chimeras and a Vanquisher Command Tank. What was even better was the Vanquisher tried to Tank Shock him for s**ts and giggles.
    Vanquisher: Voom.
    FW: What the?
    Vanquisher: Dakkadakkadakka.
    FW: Bang.
    Vanquisher: Boom.
    FW: ...huh.
    Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me.

Member of the Canadian Clan, eh.
    Mech Tau Cadre: 2000 points, needs paint and magnets.
    Paladins of Avalon (SW):-1500 points, needs paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Funniest moment for me was in a small battle, my marines against my friend's eldar we had wiped out eachothers armies. Well almost, I had 1 single marine left, and he had 1 single guardian left. They then proceeded to fail their respective last man standing tests and ran away from eachother.
    "You challenge me knowing that I am Xiahou Dun!?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I was playing a 1500 point game with an old vet to the 40k game. My IG versus his Orks KoS. I was slaughtering him pretty bad with my Leman russ and Bassie so I decided to rush up and meet his army in CC. My HQ plowed into his and managed to wipe out all 4 Nobz AND the Warboss in 2 rounds

It was baffling...Mere humans taking out Orks in CC.

Then there was the time my friends SM Captain with a jump pack ran up the field (alone) and melta bombed my Leman, which exploded and took out an entire Infantry squad with it. The Captain then proceeded to assault another squad. In my ignorance I tried to swamp the leader by throwing more IG at it. By the end of the game it had killed 1 leman Russ, 2 sentinels and 35 Infantry...But I got him good with a lascannon before he could continue on:tongue:

+ Reply to Thread