bored of it all - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bored of it all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bored of it all

i bought some maruders and deamonettes in order to start out my cult of slannesh army.
    I stuck 8 maruders and the deamonettes together and then got bored. I simply cannot face painting them.
    They are sat on top of my tv and every time i go to pick up a paint brush i just think urghh cant be botherd.

THis ever happen to you guys?
    And how do you get over it.

I really dont want this to happen when april comes round and the Tau come out. Maybe i just need a break

Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Ahhh... I have experienced such a dry patch. Easiest way out replace tv with music(there is nothing to watch with music) also try painting before assembly that way if you have to paint a few heads you can take a break afterwards instead of looking at a whole bunch of whole models and thinking that you will never survive it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm currently facing 30 orcs and several squigs and squig herders. Good bloody lord I cannot be arsed to paint them! BUT! They will be done, for I need them for a tourney starting in the new year. But, just looking at them.....:x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Just think of the sense of accomplishment and pride you have when they are finished

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when i get to the point when i can't face painting models..i usually put my favourite Iron Maiden album on, and think of the fun i'll have crushing the enemies of the imperium when it' all done muhahahah!!
    "It is my sacred duty to save your soul from the dark gods of chaos... and i will save your soul, even if you die in the process"

-Interrogator chaplain Asmodai-

Junior Member Harugh the Horder's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or have a day/week break from warhammer and come back to it.. What i do when bored!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could do what i did when i painted 50+ guardsmen, get sick and loose power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Hard Slog

You may not like it, but you may have to sitdown and do the hard slog, it's my recommendation. Think about it, you wanna play games with this army right? then work to build it. Also, If you sit there and force yourself to use every technique and colour in the book, you'll get much better. My skill in painting got WAY better from sitting there time after time doing lots of models that i did not want to do. Now, in the future, i'm happy i went thru that torture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LJonesy
    You may not like it, but you may have to sitdown and do the hard slog, it's my recommendation. Think about it, you wanna play games with this army right? then work to build it. Also, If you sit there and force yourself to use every technique and colour in the book, you'll get much better. My skill in painting got WAY better from sitting there time after time doing lots of models that i did not want to do. Now, in the future, i'm happy i went thru that torture.
    I think you're missing the whole point of Warhammer here, correct me if I'm wrong; but isn't Warhammer meant to be fun. You should have to force yourself to do something your supposed to enjoy. When I get bored with painting I usually leave them a while, hang out with friends do something else to keep my mind off it and then when I come back to it, it's good agian! :yes:

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

I tend to keep 2 armies on the go and never paint more than a couple of each type of model at once. That breaks up the monotony of painting the same model over and over. At the moment on my painting table I have 3 orc boar boyz, 4 chaos warriors and 2 dark angels.

Also if I just can't be arsed to paint anything I don't force the issue, I go to the pub or the gym or put the playstation on. If you have a break for a couple of days I find I am far more keen to paint again.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast