Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

LO Meet 2006 - Ideas and discusion thread.

9K views 147 replies 42 participants last post by  Toastee 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all, tis that time again.

The purpose of this thread is to get any ideas from you as to what to have this year and what not, though I'll be expecting ideas more from those who went last year.

As it stands, the meet will more than likely be held in July some time, and will be in Nottingham, UK.
The hotel will remain the same.

Friday: Meeting up at Hotel.
Either gaming in the rooms, cinema, food and/or drinking.

Saturday: Gaming all day at Warhammer World, Lenton.
Evening - Food and what not.

Sunday: Gaming at Warhammer World, Lenton, for those that haven't left yet.

Ideas of what to do or what people whould like to do should be posted here, so that I can either dismiss or write into the weekend program.

Also, noting on wheather or not you can make it would be a bonus as then I can get an idea for how many whould be interested in coming.

I'll also try to answer any questions that people might have.

Thanks,
Toastee

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Ask Vindy ;)

As he wants to come too, and I do believe that he as actually found out plane prices and what not, so your best bet would be to ask Vindy...or wait till he replys to this thread :) either way is good.

--------

ALSO. It would be an idea for everyone to check this: http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35860

Its the thread for last years if you haven't already seen it, and it should give you an idea of what to expect if you are interested in going.

#6 · (Edited)
Friday: Meeting up at Hotel.
Either gaming in the rooms, cinema, food and/or drinking.
Haha! Cinema? You've got to be kidding. It tooks us *ages* to even find the cinema last time, and then we just went back to the hotels...then again, that was mainly due to Karantalsis' crap directions. :sleep: Also, for anyone interested, Ice Cream Sundaes at the Beef Eater (the restaurant next door to Hotel) are absolutely brilliant.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a longer meet, maybe 4 days? Last time the time seemed to pass exceptionally quickly...

Incidentally, I don't know if I'll be coming along this year. Same as last year, I don't have an army which is in a state for the table top, and there's no army that really tickles my fancy at the moment. I'll have to see though, there's plenty of time after all.

#7 ·
well i plan to turn up. though my alternate range armoured company wont be allowed in GW ill bring my dwarves for some revenge on a certain oggie player :ninja:

#9 ·
Neb: I doubt there'll be a 4 day meet, as amost people will have work starting again come the the Monday.

I guess it all depends on when you get in on the Friday, as I hope to be there a lot eariler this year.

As for the cinema, its still and option as theres on in the town to, so if people want it, it can be done.

#10 ·
Toastee said:
Neb: I doubt there'll be a 4 day meet, as amost people will have work starting again come the the Monday.
Perhaps, but what about us who're flying to Nottingham? I'm not sure if I'm up for taking the plane and landing on friday only to take another plane back home on Sunday. It's quite an expensive trip for students like me, especially if it's only for what rougly is two days and nights.

#11 ·
Then stay till the Monday. I would probably make my way back on the Monday if I knew there were people who were going to be also going back that day.

But unless people were all going back on Sunday, then it'll be Friday to Sunday.

So I am happy to stay there myself till the Monday, but only if someone else is.

But that basically says that if you were to go Kaiser, then it will be Friday - Monday.

#12 ·
I have been talking some to Vindy and the price lands on at least 4500 SEK (around 300 £, probaly more actually) and that includes me going to Stockholm, taking the plane to Birmingham or something, takes a train/buss/taxi from there (and of course the other way around, going back home) to Nottingham and the hotel, food for three/four days and some money that I can spend.
I havn't checked the cost of all the transportation but it is going to be exspensive (that is if I can come, seeing that I am a poor student).

#13 ·
I might come, depending on whether or not I HAVE to go back home for the holidays. Also, I don't know when in July I have to be on the plane back home by so who knows? If I can manage, I will see you all there.

Probably will bring Emperor's Children for 40K and my Cult of Slaanesh army, if it's done.

#15 ·
I played with basecoated minis last year Camel, so i don't think it is too important. Have a coat of paint at least!

Count me in again this year, I had a great time last year and would recommend it to anybody who is a bit iffy about going.

My only ideas for this year are less of Toastee's alarm and more Balloons ;)

#19 ·
Toasty old bean, it has occured to you that we could run a darkstars style campaign - with a story/fluff to it and allow the outcome to be influenced by everyones games? we could even go as far as contacting GW about it, doubtless they would help
Chered

#20 ·
Cheredanine: I had thought about it. That or a Tourney...but at the minute, I'm wanting to see if the interest is here first before committing. But aye, its down as an idea :D

DMC: If Vindy comes also, sharing a room with him would help somewhat with the costs *nods*
But if you, Vindy and Kaiser were to come, I'll be staying still Monday, providing you would all prefer that.

CC: I;ll have a new phone by then ;) (But I might just have to keep this one...just for the meet XD)

#22 ·
If I were to come (looking more likely by the mintue) then I'd be more inclined to stay till the Monday, although I'd have to arrange that with Arklite. Incidentally, the army I'm most likely to bring will be Eldar (I want my revenge you damn Fox!). :)

#23 ·
Well, I'll try to get there at least, though not 100% sure if I can as there's probably a short of people at work during that time. Cash might be another problem for me, but I think I'll be able to afford it.

Anyhow, I'd bring some Confrontation stuff that people can try the game with (Wolfen of Yllia and Alchemist of Dirz, both 200 AP), together with my standard Conf army Devourers of Vile-Tis (around 400+ AP).
Depending on what I got by the time I might be able to bring some Warmachine and Infinity too, but I'll probably leave those at home.
So, if I show up, count on demogames at the hotel.
As for GW games I'll probably bring my CSM army, about 2000 pts, but I'll have more than one armylist with me so I'll be able smaller games too.

#26 ·
A US LO meet while good, is nigh on impossible for me to organise. If I was too, there'd also be the 16+ rule only to, so, I can pretty much safely say I, myself, won't be able to sort one out. Sorry.

Nebulas: I'll just crush you again Neby ;)

As for Confrontation, aye, I'd love to get into it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.