what the store said to me! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the store said to me!

i asked why vets night had been cancelled and they said there wasnt enough man power to cover it. they still have enough to cover two young gamers nights though thursday an sunday.

please dont post saying young gamers spend more money as this is complete crap where my store is concerned.

i have posted this thread as a few people expressed a wish to know what happened. this is not ment to discuss who loves or hates gw again

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man i feel srry for you. Maybe they should run one vets night and one for younger gamers.
    «Ares is the only way to be happy.»

Know Arise a Knight, and go forth and take your vengence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Do they get a bigger turn out for the young gamers night vs the vet night? If so that could be a big reason why they are doing the young player night vs. having one for the vet night.

Maybe you could work to coordinate with them on trying out a vet night at least once a month or at least see if there is anything that can be done to bring it back. Who knows maybe there just isn't enough interest to warrant the extra staff?

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Raptors
    i asked why vets night had been cancelled and they said there wasnt enough man power to cover it. they still have enough to cover two young gamers nights though thursday an sunday.

please dont post saying young gamers spend more money as this is complete crap where my store is concerned.

i have posted this thread as a few people expressed a wish to know what happened. this is not ment to discuss who loves or hates gw again
    Greetings,

I realize that I'm jumping in mid-conversation so please keep that in mind.

I skimmed through that other thread as it broke down into GW-hating.

I suppose I should ask for some clarification; when you say that Vet Night has been cancelled, do you mean that the store closes hours earlier instead of staying open for a Vet Night? That would seem to support the man-power angle. However, if the store would still be open but no extra Red Shirts to manage or oversee the Vet Night, then you have options.

As a quick aside... It has always surprised me that players in general, not pointing any fingers, seem to believe that GW should organize things for them. "GW needs to run more tournaments" seems to be a common complaint.

As long as GW has the tables set up and are going to be open, why not ask a Red Shirt, "What's going on Thursday night? May I bring 3 friends and use 2 of your tables between 6 and 9 pm?" You can call it a "tournament" if you would like. You are providing warm bodies in the store with ready-made games for newer, younger and perhaps players-to-be to watch and observe. Of course they might have something planned for that time slot but work with them. When it is all said and done, a well-run GW store wants to be busy, and if that can't happen then they want to LOOK busy. GW stores are located to attract foot traffic, suggested by their placement in malls. Any "busyness" that is generated without using GW man-power is to their benefit and I can't imagine why they would discourage or prevent it.

Good luck,
    Jon
    [COLOR=DarkRedI got my tournament t-shirts at mathhammer.net[/COLOR]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slorak
    Do they get a bigger turn out for the young gamers night vs the vet night? If so that could be a big reason why they are doing the young player night vs. having one for the vet night.

Maybe you could work to coordinate with them on trying out a vet night at least once a month or at least see if there is anything that can be done to bring it back. Who knows maybe there just isn't enough interest to warrant the extra staff?

Cheers,

-Mike

we had six tables running from 4 till 8 and unless i was having a good month i was lucky to play 3 times a month i have offered to work the vet night as a volentier and would quite happely give up four hours a week every week to be involved in the games i love so much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Remember that most GW staff run the vet nights in their OWN time, also due to changes in the way GW contracts its staff most do not get paid for running the nights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knape97
    Remember that most GW staff run the vet nights in their OWN time, also due to changes in the way GW contracts its staff most do not get paid for running the nights.

which as i have already said i would do happily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

88 (x3)

GW are hardly likely to hand you the keys to their store and let you run it solo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knape97
    GW are hardly likely to hand you the keys to their store and let you run it solo.
    yeah cause thats exactly what i said. what i actually was trying to say but didnt realise i would have to go into as much detail is that i would help out free of charge instead of game. they could get references and interview me if the didnt feel as if they knew me already after the vast ammount of years i have been going there?
    Last edited by Raptors; January 30th, 2006 at 21:16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

88 (x3)

well, how were you going to "run their vet nights for them happily" if they wernt there? Either they are there and running it themselves, or they are not there and the store is closed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast