Need suggestions on which 40k novel to buy... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Need suggestions on which 40k novel to buy...

I will order a book at the begining of March (and I have already ordered Faith & Fire, waiting for it to arrive) and now I want some tips on which one I should order. I have read all of the Gaunts Ghosts novels, as well as the Eisenhorn trilogy, Warriors of Ultramar and some random short-stories.
    I'm looking for an action-packed novel and I have narrowed it down to maybe one of these, altough other suggestions are still wellcomme.
    15 Hours is one novel high on the list, to bad it is out of stock at the moment.
    "For the Emperor" Ciaphas Cain novel
    "13th Legion" 1st Last chancers novel.
    "Blood Angles: Deus Encarmine".
    "Annihlation squad" Last Chancers.
    "Double Eagle".
    "Ravenor".
    "Execution Hour".

So, any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

my friend read deus encarmine and he said it was really good. his nickname is EverlordOfTheNight. he is not online much, but you could try asking him how he liked it. i got to read a little of it, and it was pretty good.

Remember, if someone helps you with anything, REP THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by 10th Lyran View Post
    "Wow, that's awesome, I wish my leg looked like that!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the space wolf series rocks you will get hooked theres 4 of them in the series

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by boltgunner
    the space wolf series rocks you will get hooked theres 4 of them in the series
    Basic plot? Author? Info on main characters?

Quote Originally Posted by XenomarinesKiller
    my friend read deus encarmine and he said it was really good. his nickname is EverlordOfTheNight. he is not online much, but you could try asking him how he liked it. i got to read a little of it, and it was pretty good.
    I also think it seems good, at least from what I read at the backside of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

The main character is Ragnar and the story goes from when he is recruited (space wolf ) and lasts through 3 other books I have only read Space Wolf and Wolf Blade yes I know that is not in correct order but I wasn't aware they were the same characters until I started the second. But here is the beauty of it you dont need to read the first to read the last and enjoy it as I have. They are really great novels. I liked them better than Warriors of Ultramar - but since you have read that book I'll also suggest Dead Sky Black Sun it is very interesting and has Uriel Vetris and Pasionis (forgot how to spell their names) in it. Very interesting plot in that one. I'd also recomend the Armagedon Novel it was very good and had a very interesting ending.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x3)

I'd pick up the Blood Angels book. It is a book i've alwys wanted to pick up, so have my friends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deffinately Storm of Iron is by far my favourite Black Library work to date and i have all the Gaunts and Eisnhorn as well.

If yer looking for a marine storyline deffinately check out the Soul Drinkers novels. A few really far fetched ideas but it's a really action heavy line and hey, it's fiction right? :sleep:

Sometimes you have to roll a hard six.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ciaphas Cain series is more off beat. They are definately worth the read, but are not the serious novels that the Gaunt's novels are. It does have the bonus of being a series, so you already know what novels you are reading next. Plenty of action, and a lot of running from it.

Ravenor is also a good one. I'm still waiting for the sequel to come out in paperback. If you liked Eisenhorn, you'll enjoy Ravenor.

I'd also reccomend the Hitchhikers guide by douglas adams. Its not black library, but definately a good series. Be sure to read the whole trilogy (all 5 books).

If this post seems disjointed, its after 3 am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

I'll second Court's reccommendation for the Soul Drinkers series - rock solid novels with plenty of action. A few private armies, Mechanicus troops, 3 different major Daemons and their minions, Guardsmen, Plague zombies, Sisters... you name it, the Soul Drinkers kill it! The duel between Sarpedon and Chapter Master...... whatsisname (totally forgot) is also really sweet.

I quite liked the Grey Knights series (Grey Knights, Dark Adeptus) as well. The first book is a little slower paced, focussing largely on the detective work that goes into finding out where a powerful Daemon lord is going to reappear instead of loads of combat. (it's inquisitorial detective work though, so it still involves killing lots of stuff ^_^ ) Book 2 pretty much ditches the whole investigating bit - there's a little calm bit at first, then it's pretty much all fighting for their lives on a Daemon forge world afterwards. The Grey Knights wind up going toe to toe with a few Titans, and there's even a Chaos Grand Cruiser or two thrown into the mix.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Deus encarmine is a pretty good book.

The space wolf series are very well written books, a must read.

THe novel "iron hands" by Jonathan Greenis a good book too. It follows iron father Gdolkin as ge is assigned to protect a tech priest after something that could have a massive impact on the 13th black crusade, of course, he's not the only one interested in this 'prize'.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast