Continue to play Warhammer or Quit becuase people at the GW - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Continue to play Warhammer or Quit becuase people at the GW

As of late new people have been coming to the local GW. Not all of them are bad but alot of them are bad enough to make me wan't to hurt them and I'm a gentle person. I'm finding it hard not walking out of the store when dealing with these people, the only thing that keeps me from doing it now is that the GW isn't in my town, I have to take the bus for 45 minutes to get there so I can't just leave whenever and/or I came in to meet with a praticular person who isn't there yet.

And really the GW is the only option for Warhammer around here. There are 2 stores equally far away I could go to and they only have 1 night a week for it and I don't like the managment of one of them. The 1 club around members all go to the GW, 1 even works at it so thats not to relyable either.

I don't know if I'm sounding self rightous or not right now but when people that discriminatory (sadly in an accepted way around here) start hanging out at the GW I don't want to hang out there. Now if the old staff was still there these people would be out of the store on their butts in a minute but noone it bothers works there anymore and without strenght in numbers I'm an easy target....and if my freinds were there more often I'd be pulled into fights over it so either way I can't win.

Should I just give up on Warhammer for a while because really the GW is already the last option for me playing? I need something to do with my time cause I'm not happy at home but the new enviroment at the GW is starting to get hositle to me....more so than home but atleast I'm not in my room all day sleeping so I don't have to face anything. Any suggestion would be nice.

Last edited by Osaria; March 14th, 2006 at 14:07.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Tough choice.

Maybe you should consider starting your own club? If you and a few friends get together you could probably work something out?

It may pay to put up with these said people and play because you really like the hobby.

On the other hand taking a break from warhammer for a few weeks/months and returning may lead you to finding that the said people have vanished, never to be seen again.

I would personally try to put up with it, but everyone has their limits.

Of course, you could always kill them, then everyones a winner!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outsider
    Of course, you could always kill them, then everyones a winner!
    The obvious solution. :rolleyes:
    I agree about starting a club of your own. Or just arange a gaming table and some terrain on a board of your won and have you and your friends play there.
    Or you can take a couple of months off from the hobby. Do some painting and generally fix up your army so it will be ready to whoop ass when you get back!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say your best bet would be to deal with it. You'll always have people around you don't like. My favorite being the uber dorks that feel the need to make percieved rat and goblin noises while playing. Talk about some people that can run some new players out the door. There are also the obnoxious over-caffeinated rules freaks "you can't triple stamp a double stamp!". If you can deal with these people, you can deal with anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigmed
    If you can deal with these people, you can deal with anyone.
    It would be ok if thats all it was...I'm dealing with people more along the lines of Michael Magidson and Jose Merel. If people don't know what I'm talking about google 'Gwen Amber Rose Araujo'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Osaria
    It would be ok if thats all it was...I'm dealing with people more along the lines of Michael Magidson and Jose Merel. If people don't know what I'm talking about google 'Gwen Amber Rose Araujo'.
    You are playing with convicted murderers? :shifty: In all seriousness - Have you talked with the GW staff to inform them of how these people make you feel uncomfortable? Perhaps if they know it is an issue they will take measures to deal with it.

Do these people just look a certain way that makes you uncomfortable or do they actually say things during the game that makes you feel uncomfortable. Looks alone probably won't be addressed. However if they are saying racist/hate stuff I can't imagine GW putting up with it. They may simply not be aware.

Barring that you need to do what you need to do. If you feel unfomfortable playing there you should find someplace else. It might be hard and you might not get to play for awhile but eventually you should be able to find like minded people to play with again. Not to mention playing at a store with a manager you don't particularly like might be better than putting up with racists!

Quitting the hobby seems a bit drastic if you enjoy playing. However you are going to have to put some effort into bettering your situation. Don't expect to just sit there and have it resolved around you. Like I said I would start with the GW management. They may simply not see the problems until you address them as such.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slorak
    However if they are saying racist/hate stuff I can't imagine GW putting up with it. They may simply not be aware.
    Some people say things some right to me, some behind my back....this one guy idiot said something about breaking my arm and he was told to leave but hes been back....I'm not the only one in the store either.

The reason they dont kick everyone who says something out over it is becuase they would have to kick out to many people who are otherwise good customers. Its not like I even go to the GW in womens cloths so I'm not asking from trouble cause I usually go there from school but people still know it about me & the 2 others....who do go there like that.

This wasn't even a problem until recently....just the newest people to join the hobby seem to be the ones with the problem....I mean some of the older guys say somethings but thats to be expected at their age.

I guess I could try and start a new club....It might work so I might as well try. I'll talk to the manager at the GW about it....that might work but I dont think it will help given the face half to stores customers are childish rabble....either by actual age or they just act like it....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Well you really don't know until you talk to them. You might be surprised. Definitely talk to management. It is BS that we can't all just get along but ... I guess that is how it goes.

The only thing I can think of that you might do to lessen any targeting of you would be to not do/say anything that would get the "others" riled up at you. Believe me I have enough family members that are closet bigots/racists and there isn't a single thing you can say to them to get them to change. Change has to come from within. Sometimes you just have to ignore them.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the ****tard who told me hed break my arm punched me in the back of the head today outside the GW so I'm not going back......I think I'm going to put my armys up for sale in the trading area....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

425 (x8)

Can't you report him to the police? At least file a report or something. Seems rather drastic to just up and sell all your stuff.

Usually if you want change you need to instigate it. If you want a better play environment you need to continually be on the management about the other people. If you get harrassed - if they break the law you need to report it. If you just sit back and hope things will change - they probably won't. I am sure it will be hard, you probably won't get much support at first - but eventually you might see things brighten up a bit.

It is definitely a tough call. It is much easier to say screw it and go back home but if you really want to play - you shouldn't let others dictate that for you. I personally say stick to your guns and fight fire with fire (legally of course). If they harrass you - find ways to harrass them back via seeing that they aren't allowed in the store, complaining to the police, etc.

Cheers,

-Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast