Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
The thread of the worst games and all the units being broken made me think about the times mine have broken thus far. The story about the lord of change breaking was hilarious, so I thought i'd start a thread about tragic or amusing warhammer accidents.
Mine isn't spectacular, but it has quality over quantity. In one day, while basing my units, I managed to break the clear, elevated devilfish base off, which I had glued on earlier. Somehow, I then proceeded to break my second one. My friend, who was painting with me, commented on how his landspeeder base was superior as it could pivot. He promptly proceeded to show me by breaking the base off of it.
To top it off my friend dropped my favorite firewarrior who I was customizing (who I call l'roy jnkins') and broke him in two.
Last edited by mephistophales; March 16th, 2006 at 08:32.
Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.
The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.
Sometimes God is just fooling with us. :rolleyes:
Once, I glued my rhino/Immolator togheter with super glue and when the main hull was in palce and I began working on some smaller parts, the tank just breaked down. First, the right side fell off, then the left, after that the tracks that were somewhat angeled loosed grip and fell off. To this day, I don't know what happend.
Once myself and my brother we having a argument, which was getting pretty heated, so to make his point he picked up the falcon which I was just after sticking together and smashed it onto the ground. I have to admit I lost it and went for him.
Its all forgiven now though..............
My Blog: http://thepaintingpauper.blogspot.com
CMoN Gallery: http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/paintingpauper
I've destroyed about 5 firewarriors and 3 kroot of my friends by sitting on them. Oopps. And it was by accident! How was I supposed to know he kept them on the chair!
And yes they were all seperate times.
My Daemon Prince's legs falling off 10 times in a row!
I don't know how amusing it is to others (it wasn't a lot to me), but after the first gaming session I used my noise marines in, I left the bag on the floor for a moment and a friend of mine stepped squarely on it. Imagine a keeper of secrets in twisted pieces, around 40 marines whose sonic blasters and blastmasters had detached with some of the pins even severing, and a defiler reduced to half its height. I had to buy some new models after that. Anyway, after the initial shock I laughed at some of the damage, so I guess it fits into the amusing accident category. At least I hadn't painted them yet so I only had to reassemble and respray.
Ho ho ho..... Accidents? All but one of the vehicles I put together are the culmination of a long string of problems. I'm suprised they didn't catch fire to be quite honest.
Land Raider Related Mishaps
- Glued it together before I'd made sure all the parts were in the right place.
- Tried to green stuff the gaps and green stuffed most of the fine detail on the side.
- Fitted Forge World Grey Knight doors to it then decided I would only use it for Inquisitors.
- Snapped the pintle for the storm bolter and glued it back on. Badly.
- Didn't fit the 2nd manhole or the smoke launchers before I started painting it.
- Forgot to paint the inside before I glued it together.
- Last but not least, screwed up drilling the hole for one of the sponson lascannons. Then glued the sponson onto the model. And had to remove it, take it apart, green stuff the lascannon and re-assemble it so it would actually work.
Rhino Related Mishaps
- Mounted the storm bolter on a pintle then realised I only had the Smurf tank commander (the Rhino carries Inquisitorial Stormtroopers ^^)
- Painted the top hatch using crappy old paint and a drybrush. It dried so badly I had to FILE it off.
- Tried to drybrush the model with boltgun metal. When the colour was still wet.
- Tried to drill out the exhaust ports and made a big groove on the top.
Dreadnought Related Mishaps (PS: This was all done to a Forgeworld Grey Knights dreadnought ^^)
- Glued the arms on. DCCW was glued on backwards, had to saw them off and green stuff new weapon mounts.
- Glued the body onto the legs facing backwards.
- Snapped most of the exhausts off when trying to file them down.
- Glued one of the decorations onto the dreadnought's face.
- Didn't leave any room for the name-plate to be attached after gluing on the other decorations.
- Tried to drill out the assault cannon. Not good.
If that's not enough for you I have more, I'll post them as they come to mind.
My very first army, Dark Eldar had just won a game. The boards were on the floor and we just left it there and went to grab something to eat. We came back to play some Mario Kart 64 (this was a pretty long time ago) and I sat on my entire force. Luckily for me, I have poised most models with bayonets pointing upwards... Ouch. I also damaged a ravager, raider and talos. And my beautiful backside.
A Promise to a dead man means nothing.
i once droped my friends box of warhammer 40k out side of the school and broke 29 models out of 30 he was not very happy with me so he broke some of mine after i beat him in a game of 40k. i dont know how to say sorry for breaking some of his best models then beating his ultra marines with my witch hunters lol.
also i was once playing a little game at school and had borrowed my friends 2 transports and he has them both with hunter killer missiles on ( 1 is glued on & the other is placed on so u can take it off after fireing it ). and i shoot them both and forgot which one was glued and pulled the wrong one off lol i quickly had to glue it back on and pretend that it never happend.
Last edited by griff891; March 16th, 2006 at 22:50.
My mishap came during the first (and only time I have lost to Tyranids) and I reached out to shake the guys hand who had just beat me and in doing so I knock off 2 fexes, a broodlord, a tyrant, and a lictor, breaking them into pieces. Also, keep in mind these were the stores models he was using, I thinl he still thinks I did it in purpose, (I blame it on my damned hand- eye coordiantion)