40k novels you reccomend? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

40k novels you reccomend?

Hey, I hope this is in the right place. Anyway, I wondered what 40k novels you reccomend?

My friends said 15 Hours was good, so I'm currently considering buying it, but I wanted your input on it too.

Cheers!
    Ben

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two words.

Gaunts. Ghosts.

Andrew-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Hmm. Well, the Grey Knights series are a personal favourite (my personal bias due to playing the GK's only got me started - they're quite good reads.), as well as the Soul Drinkers series. Wolfblade is a great book, and I'm told that the rest of the Space Wolves series is supposedly equally good. For an interesting change of pace, Lord of the Night looks at its events from the perspective of Zho Sahaal, one of the original (pre-heresy) Night Lords Raptors (and one of the Legion's Captains no less), frozen in the warp for 10,000 years. He's actually quite sane and shrewd, and it's refreshing to see one of the Traitor Marines portrayed as something more than just "RAAAAARGH!!! KILLL!!!", ya know? It's a definite reccommendation.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GamesmasterZ
    Two words.

Gaunts. Ghosts.

Andrew-
    ditto fantastic books,
    also the ciaphas cain books are a great choice
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Firts of all, the Eisenhorn trilogy. 764 pages of pure reading enjoyment, best 40k I have ever read.
    Necropolis after that. One of the best Abnett has done (after Eisenhorn, havn't read Ravenor though).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

The Space wolf series. I've seen a few posts about how Abnett is great at making good characters but whoever invented Sven is a bloody genius.

All 40k novels are excellent so why not just buy em all instead of burning money on miniatures.:rolleyes:
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

242 (x6)

The Uriel Ventris books are also exellent. They are a must read for Ultramarines fans as well as dumbasses who think 'Smurfs are soooooo crappy'... They are also great beacuse there are lots of different personalities and races.
    'Nightbringer' is about a rebellion on an Imperial planet and the awakening of the Nightbringer (necrons!).
    'Warriors of Ultramar' is about a Tyranid invasion of a planet near the Ultramar system and there is lots of Guard in it as well as Ultramarines. It was actually this book that inspired me to play Krieg Death Korps.
    The quote in my sig is from this book. 100 Death Korps are being overrun by hundreds of thousands of 'nids. They get a message from the local PDF to retreat and the radio operator asks if they should take the advice. Lieutenant Konarski's reply is so damn cool... Look at my sig...
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by BobaHat
    The Uriel Ventris books are also exellent. They are a must read for Ultramarines fans as well as dumbasses who think 'Smurfs are soooooo crappy'... They are also great beacuse there are lots of different personalities and races.
    'Nightbringer' is about a rebellion on an Imperial planet and the awakening of the Nightbringer (necrons!).
    'Warriors of Ultramar' is about a Tyranid invasion of a planet near the Ultramar system and there is lots of Guard in it as well as Ultramarines. It was actually this book that inspired me to play Krieg Death Korps.
    The quote in my sig is from this book. 100 Death Korps are being overrun by hundreds of thousands of 'nids. They get a message from the local PDF to retreat and the radio operator asks if they should take the advice. Lieutenant Konarski's reply is so damn cool... Look at my sig...
    That book, Warriors of Ultramar, is ok if you don't get fed up with the über-ness of Uriel Ventris (main character) and his pals. He singel-handly kills most things that can walk (x^100 gaunts, a couple of monstrous creatures, lots of medium-sized monsters and lots of more stuff). His pal has even survived an encounter with the Nightbringer (it cut off his arm :rolleyes: ) and survived, currently he have a bionic arm made of Necromendis. I mean, come on! They might be Space marines but those dudes are just ridicilous.
    But the Guards in the book are cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

228 (x8)

I know what you mean about Ventris. I read nightbringer and thought mwuhahaha ultimate ctan and his entire bodyguard alongside an entire dark eldar kabal and about 10k points of imperial guardsmen all heavily fortified and deep underground while Ventris has to cross an open killing pit with only 9 other marines. How many points is that... max 300.

Sorry for spoiling the story for anyone intending to read it but it just wasn't that great. The only line I liked was when Uriel showed "disdain" for the other chapters because they didnt try to protect the Imperium.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought storm of Iron was a especially good read.

But to go off topic slightly the Conrad saga Is superb and vampire genevieve books are well worth a look, the only problem is that these are both warhammer so probobly not what you are looking for.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast